Barnet (A) - Discussion + Predictions

46 Posts
13 Users
32 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

After a valuable point last time out against Solihull, we head to north London to face 2nd place Barnet. After their 2-1 victory over Eastleigh last night, they come in to the game with 3 wins and 2 defeats in their last 5 games. Last season we (fortunately) took all 3 points at The Hive courtesy of a Bobby-Joe Taylor cross/shot.

We remain without McShane, Briggs and Gallagher as longer term absentees, while we await news from Marc's weekly update on the fitness of Joe Cook, Charlie Carter and Harry Ottaway.

Predictions:

Barnet 2-2 Dorking (Prior, Blair pen.)

1,672 att. (142 away)

Possible 4-2-3-1 lineup (injuries permitting):

Male

Fuller       Craig            Hollis     B.Taylor

Pybus          J.Taylor

Blair             Carter            Bowerman

Prior

Subs: Francomb, McManus, Moore, Muitt, Rutherford

Quite tough to pick a line-up for this one with the possible injury to Carter. If he ends up missing out then I expect McManus to come in with Josh further forward. Dan Pybus is another interesting one as he may miss out from the start due to his England C involvement midweek, although he did only play 45 mins. Will Marc stick with Bowerman for a third game in a row or will he give Muitt a start?

AdeB reacted
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

I reckon 1-1. Tough next 3 games, and I think Dorking need to get at least 3 points from the 3 games to stay in touch.

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Watched Barnet last night,  very good going forward. I'm hoping for a draw,  they did conced on the counter, so hopefully we are solid at the back and can catch them out.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Barnet (1) 3 Dorking (0) 3 Blair, Prior (2)

1,701 (181 Wanderers)

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Bromley having their first choice keeper suspended for next week is helpful!

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Sounds like Fuller and Pybus are out of tomorrow but suggests that Carter, Ottaway, Cook may all be fit.

Not sure why Pybus played in the England C game if he wasn't fit? Could be pretty detrimental to our season if he is out for any sort of length of time...

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

On another note it's Non League Day tomorrow. Would be great if that could be reflected in the attendance, if only the FA hadn't scheduled England v Brazil on the same day!

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@georges and Barnet have done absolutely nothing for it sadly. Last season we got £5 tickets for Dagenham away but this year it's £22 at Barnet!

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @calvertskans

@georges and Barnet have done absolutely nothing for it sadly. Last season we got £5 tickets for Dagenham away but this year it's £22 at Barnet!

That is a bit steep (more like L2 prices, maybe they are preparing their fans for their hoped for promotion). I am going to Horsham as they are charging £5 for EFL Season ticket holders.

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

@calvertskans Barnet away could be a better experience. Last season no hot food, a few cheese sandwiches for £3.50 and the 1 beer tap, nothing for those of us who don't drink alcohol. All their home fans in a tiny corner of their stand, felt like we had more away support with us. I also saw England v Germany at Wembley that week for £27 "restricted view", I know Barnet aren't responsible for Wembley pricing structure but I can see why they usually arent well attended

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by GeorgeS

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve1966
(@steve1966)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @crawleysth

Posted by: @calvertskans

That is a bit steep (more like L2 prices, maybe they are preparing their fans for their hoped for promotion). I am going to Horsham as they are charging £5 for EFL Season ticket holders.

@Crawleytsth wait until you see the prices for Rochdale

I'll have a Guinness

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Double header for me today, Barnet away then a quick drive for approx 30 mins for England v Brazil

The England ticket (with my ESTC discount) was just £20, so cheaper than Barnet!

Disappointing Barnet didn't really decide to 'do' anything for non-league day - Hendon for example are doing 'pay what you want'

Do remember the England game is on later so the Jubilee line might be quite busy.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

Crawleysth reacted
ReplyQuote
(@epsomwanderer)
Eminent Member

Tough job today but all those coming up look tricky!?!

Is there any pubs near the ground worth a visit?

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @dorking-eagle

Double header for me today, Barnet away then a quick drive for approx 30 mins for England v Brazil

The England ticket (with my ESTC discount) was just £20, so cheaper than Barnet!

Disappointing Barnet didn't really decide to 'do' anything for non-league day - Hendon for example are doing 'pay what you want'

Do remember the England game is on later so the Jubilee line might be quite busy.

Enjoy your two games! Yes I am surprised Barnet have done nothing for Non League today considering they are so badly supported (average less than us and second in league). You would think they would want to take the opportunity to attract more local fans 

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

Oh dear, another big defeat. At least still only 3 points adrift (four with goal difference).

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: