Eastleigh (A) - Sat 23 Dec

20 Posts
6 Users
8 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

Supporters coach on sale now at https://dorkingwanderersfc.ktckts.com/event/doreast/eastleigh-supporters-coach

Departs Dorking High Street at 10.30 - £25 per coach seat

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

Steve1966
(@steve1966)
Trusted Member

Definitely up for this. Wife is out for the day so I may as well go to Eastleigh.

I'll have a Guinness

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@steve1966 Exactly. What else is there to do?

Steve1966 reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Interested to see their ground after the away end is now finished compared to last year.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@calvertskans Don't get too excited. Think it's just a smaller seated stand where the old temporary one was before. That said, for some reason I quite like the ground and view. Though appreciate I'm probably in a minority.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

@adeb I actually don't mind their ground either. Would be interested to see if the atmosphere is a bit better there now though.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

click on the link below it shows the finished stand

I have a feeling though that for smaller away supports away fans now might not get the side terrace?  Any one know?

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle For Aldershot, initially it was seats only - and I think only on the day/when fans turned up they decided to let them use the side terrace.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Only my personal opinion but the side terrace gives a superb view (of conceding 8th second goals!)

Baggy and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Do they still have that stand behind the goal with ghe bar upstairs with windows overlooking the pitch? Which we thought was not allowed. 

Apparently DW are getting flak for the smoked glass in the Lounge not being good enough to comply with the rule about not drinking in sight of the pitch.  So Eastleigh have that stand with full pitch view and made us go behind a black screen last season. 

Wish I had stayed there for first 15 minutes though 😫 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Yes they do, but I believe that they stop serving alcohol 15 minutes before ko and take away any remaining drinks at 3pm

No idea what they do at The Lounge for our home games though, I sit in the stand!

Baggy reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Update from the club (I emailed them directly);

Seats only being sold at first, block 1 followed by block 2 (areas behind the goal).

If the seats are sold out, only then will they open the terrace.

Not sure how many seats in total but would imagine at least 300 so I'd be surprised if the terrace is open, sadly. 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the update Ade, would much prefer the terrace to be honest so will hold off for now. Of course if everyone is similarly minded then unfortunately QED!!

This post was modified 8 months ago by Dorking Eagle

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Looks like 135 seats in each of those 2 blocks, 270 in total. So far 37 sold.

I'm guessing that we might take 200, possibly 250? So not sure if that terrace will open, may be a bit snug in those seats if they don't...

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Almost 70 now gone, not bad. I've still to get mine as I'd imagine so do quite a few others...

Increases by £2 on the day to a pretty pricey £21.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: