4 Users
8 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

Macclesfield FC v Dorking Wanderers - Isuzu FA Trophy 4th Round proper

Saturday 13 January 2024, 3pm kick off

Match tickets:  https://macclesfieldfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/e/macclesfield_fc_vs_dorking_wanderers_4th_round_isuzu_fa_trophy

Adults £12

Concession £9

Student £7

U18 £5

U12 £2

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Supporters coach available to book online £25 or as part of a 'three coach multibuy' deal which saves £15 across 3 coach trips

This post was modified 7 months ago by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Not convinced that three coach offer is worth it to be honest. You can do a return to Boreham Wood for £14 from Dorking on the train and Dagenham will be less than £20 on the train/tube as well.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

It will suit some people. Macclesfield I have already booked a hotel as making a weekend of that one, Dagenham though I really cant be bothered with rush hour driving, paying the Dartford tolls plus driving home at night midweek etc so much prefer the coach. No idea about Boreham Wood yet - if Palace get a sensational cup draw on the same date and time, then who knows!

But there are plenty of coach regulars it might suit?

I think the club are trying hard to give loyal regulars a saving of sorts, ultimately the £25 flat rate coach fare recognises that the club will be making a loss on the long trips, but it balances slightly for the more local ones?

This post was modified 7 months ago by Dorking Eagle

ReplyQuote
monkeechops
(@monkeechops)

@dorking-eagle I mentioned in another thread that as an Oldham fan (who came to Dorking last Saturday and had a thoroughly enjoyable day out regardless of our win) and the new friendship between Oldham and Dorking then I am planning to attend your Macclesfield v Dorking game this Saturday.  I want nothing more for Dorking to win and therefore I am hoping to be there on Saturday to support you guys as its nearer for me to travel to than it is to the Oldham match.

Having made enquiries with Macclesfield town and where I can use my mobility scooter, they tell me that I cannot sit on it in the stand that is allocated for away fans behind goal (standing terrace). Therefore I will have to sit in the away seating area.

Please do approach me if you see me on my scooter and make yourselves known. I shall probably be wearing an OAFC blue beanie hat for identification purposes.   I feel its the least I can do while you guys are in my neck of the woods following the (very) warm welcome myself and my Grandson got by not only the fans in Dorking but the general public around town who genuinely wanted to say hello to us including the owner of 'Mullins' coffee shop where we had breakfast.

Hopefully you will catch up with me on Saturday.

Graham

Dorking Eagle and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

See you Saturday 👍 

Did you know that Mullins coffee shop is the building where one of the actual Pilgrim Fathers (William Mullins) lived, who was a shoemaker!

monkeechops and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
monkeechops
(@monkeechops)

@dorking-eagle yes, there are placemats at the tables that explain it, very cool. I've been making enquiries with Macclesfield about seating arrangements and as they won't let me sit on my scooter in the standing section then I have no choice but to sit in block J. I'd love to meet up with you guys so as I say, please make yourself known to mew on the scooter (its black) and I'll be wearing an OAFC blue hat. Nothing more I'd like to see than Macclesfield crash out of any competition with that tit at the helm (Savage).

I booked my ticket today so looking forward to cheering you guys on. And how you didn't win in the 2nd half last week is beyond me.

See you all on Saturday,

Graham

AdeB and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@slug)
Member Moderator

Macc webpage saying away fans need to buy tickets online in advance, not available on the day. Not sure if this applies to Trophy games but makes sense to do it beforehand 

£12 , seems a bargain!

ReplyQuote
Share: