York City (Away) Tue 16 Jan - Ticket info

17 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

No supporters coaches running for this match.

Match tickets in the away end can be bought via the following link: https://york-city.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/VisualSeatSelectionBoost.aspx?stadium=YF&product=AF23DW&campaign=&type=H&productsubtype=AWAY&productIsHomeAsAway=N

(Select block WH of the West Stand)

Adults £22

60+ £17

Student £10

14-18 £10

8-13 £7

(no idea about under 8's - sorry!)

Car Parking around the stadium is quite restricted as it is a retail and leisure park with time limited parking, however you can pre-book parking in YCFC's section of car park for £5 at this link

https://york-city.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.aspx?ProductSubType=YCFP  

(remember to select the Dorking match)

If you are travelling up there is lots do do and see - York Minster is a must, the Jorvik Viking Centre is hugely popular, and the National Rail Museum offers free entry (but must be pre-booked online) 

This topic was modified 4 months ago 2 times by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

Those going to the game, how are you making your way to and from York?

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Net weather says minus 4 overnight Mon > Tues, plus chance of snow, cant see it being on myself

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

Oldham's match tomorrow at home has already been called off so very possibly might be off

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Tonight's Leeds U21 v Everton U21 game on York's pitch is off, apparently because they have already put pitch covers on and don't want them moved (because York v Dorking is the priority game to have on I understand)

Overnight temps are minus 2 degrees I believe, so the covers should work. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

Game postponed due to frozen pitch.

Not sure why they couldn't announce that yesterday...

ReplyQuote
(@ethant)
Eminent Member

@calvertskans exactly, didn't even announce a pitch inspection did they?

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

@ethant Lots of dreadful videos of them putting fancy heating covers on the pitch but no mention of a pitch inspection! Should add that York don't own their ground/pitch though so it probably is tough.

The owner, Matt Uggla, has announced that the tickets will be half price for Dorking fans for the re-arranged fixture which is a nice gesture though.

EthanT reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Odd what has happened here. 

Covers went on the pitch yesterday before 3pm when the temp was a few degrees. 

They left them on all night, postponing the Leeds U21 pitch hire, so as to keep it protected

Overnight the temp only dropped to minus 2, which should be within the parameters that the covers 'work'

At 11am it was (plus) 3 degrees bright blue sky and sunshine

It stayed like this until when the inspection took place at 1pm

(Not that any fans who had already set off knew there was to be a 1pm inspection)

The team themselves set off at 11.30 on a coach which has to be paid for, the best part of 2 grand FWIW

I know a couple of fans who have 2 nights up there around this game!

The Stafium management company wanted it on, takes a lot of work putting those covers on

York City want it on, they are on red hot form, and at the very least have a batch of printed programmes unsold

DW wanted it on, as said a couple of grand down for the bus plus 4 hours spent on a coach going up and back down the motorway (plus the players own travel on top)

Fair play to York for offering our fans half price tickets for the next date though, class that.

EthanT reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle I wonder how much it would cost to buy a coach outright and operate it themselves (as I'm sure top end of the EFL do)?

Don't think I've ever seen or looked at the price of buying a coach...

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

Top end coaches are like 150k+ so maybe not 😅

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

DW negotiate a deal for the whole season based on not only the games they need a team coach for (which is most, but not all the aways, as a few more local ones the players drive themselves), but it also includes supporter coaches for the majority of away games (again most local ones excluded)

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Yet another new date for this fixture - Tues 13 Feb, 7.45, which is during half term week

Whilst previously purchased match tickets remain valid, York are offering half price entry for Dorking fans, so presumably there is some sort of refund process for those who already have tickets(???) To be announced of course

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

Awful, awful date.

Means 3 away games in 8 days (York, Kiddy, Wealdstone) with 2 of them being northern based.

Also means having to fork out more money for trains/hotels for anyone wanting to go to the game. However, the tweet did mention something about supporter travel information which hopefully suggests a coach being put on for it.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Had my previously purchased York tickets cancelled (without asking) by YCFC

I guess people either 

- aren't going to the new date, or

- if they are going to the new date they will buy again at half price

Nice to not have to ask for the refund though!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: