15 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

Supporters coach tickets on sale now 

Departs Dorking High Street at 10.30, £25 per coach seat , book online at https://dorkingwanderersfc.ktckts.com/event/dorox/oxford-city-supporters-coach

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Anyone had any luck finding a way to get tickets for this one? Dont appear to be on the Oxford site yet.

ReplyQuote
Steve1966
(@steve1966)
Trusted Member

Not sure about this one yet. All depends on what I am doing on New Years Eve

I'll have a Guinness

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Think it's only about an hour and a half away, so could be a good trip and hopefully we'll take a few hundred...

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

I have friends who attended their home game against Rochdale earlier this season and apparently it was unsegregated, which would be nice for a change to be able to change ends

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Yes, there's not many of those left. Maidenhead, Solihull (misguided imo due to local idiot schoolkids - who will get what they deserve one of these days but that's another story) - think that's it?

Aldershot in theory - as they call some games 'unsegregated' but in reality fans are told to use the South Stand seats reserved for away fans - and without exception that's what they do. 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Match ticket link for Oxford AWAY: (DISCOUNT for blue light workers!)

https://rawchargingstadium.ticketco.events/uk/en/e/vanarama_national_league_oxford_city_vs_dorking_wanderers

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Some fair pricing there. Wonder if it'll be segregated?

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

We'll probably have more fans there than them...

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@calvertskans Hope so. Wonder how many we'll take. It's not too far and there's not much else to do on NYD...

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

I had a friend who went to Oxford City v Rochdale early in the season and he said there was no segregation

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

They had around 650 home fans for their game on Saturday. I imagine we bring 250+?

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Is it a 3G pitch? Weather forecast is terrible...rain, rain, rain followed by some more rain.

Scratch that - it is 3G apparently.

A side note, and I'm probably alone in my obsession with goal nets, but they seem to have managed to get in place some nice nets without the need for the thick side and back bars - and those dreaded wheels....

This post was modified 7 months ago 3 times by AdeB

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

It's a nice enough ground albeit completely modern and there's almost nothing nearby (ie chippy, pub etc)

Clubhouse is excellent and a good size and assuming no segregation (as per our previous 2 visits in NLS) then you're very welcome to use it and its well worth a visit.

Catering is always a bit different - they don't usually do chips but last time I went they did roast potatoes (!)

Overall ground is similar to Horsham's - no huge stands but plenty of cover and can change ends etc

And their scoreboard/big screen is VAST!

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: