11 Users
14 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

From the Solihull post-match interview with Marc:

"This club is only going forward"....

"We've got some news coming out this week which is really big for this club that there's going to be a press release on. We strive to be a professional club"

"Maybe Dorking have arrived a bit early where they are....in reality we're a very small club in this league and we want to make sure that we build it off the field...the purchase of the ground...bringing key people in like we are this week....the club is only going to go forward"

Feel free to use this thread to dream big. Ambitious speculation welcome!

Maybe the imminent announcement of a tall dark stranger with shiny shoes and a whole heap of business acumen looking to grow the vision? Lots of off the pitch infrastructure that would no doubt benefit from expertise to help everything being 'grown' after all! 

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

So the mega announcement has just been made. A new volunteer CEO. 

Just wow.

I suppose if it takes some weight off Marc and Kris's shoulders then it's a positive thing.

Anyone hoping for the conclusion of the freehold purchase or that we would be seeing the back of Surrey FA will be underwhelmed! 😆 

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

Crawleysth and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Ah but David you got it right, didn't you - right here;

'Maybe the imminent announcement of a tall dark stranger with shiny shoes and a whole heap of business acumen looking to grow the vision?'

Not sure if he's tall, or dark but fits the bill.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

I did wonder in a post on page 1 if it could be a new MD! Someone to lighten Marc's workload was much needed, hopefully this chap is just the fit

(plus it turns out my suspicions were correct and I did see someone fitting the bill with Kris in the away end at Kiddy so not much gets past me lol lol 🤣) 

Crawleysth reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

The bits that caught my eye in particular were:

"....to support the board and help the club achieve its ambitions, which include the imminent transition to full-time football."

and

“The amount of work put in from myself, Jason Rabbetts, Alan Gout and Kris Lea, on a voluntary basis, in the last 5 years, has been phenomenal. Words could never do justice to the amount of hours the aforementioned individuals have put into the club in order to support the on-field progression we have enjoyed"

Alan and Jason in particular have done so much. Alan never stops and to think he has an important job as well to juggle.

As Marc also said, I think every fan can name others who volunteer a huge amount, both in the past and currently. I will put forward both the O'Sullivan's and also 'Captain' Stephen Morgan, all of these people have given so much to the club and I don't doubt the club recognises such contributions at every opportunity too.

SDDWFC and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Says to me it'll be full time football regardless of which division we find ourselves in. Wise move imo.

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @dorking-eagle

(plus it turns out my suspicions were correct and I did see someone fitting the bill with Kris in the away end at Kiddy so not much gets past me lol lol 🤣) 

I was stood next to them at the Kiddy game and was wondering the whole time who they were with Kris!

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @calvertskans

Posted by: @dorking-eagle

I was stood next to them at the Kiddy game and was wondering the whole time who they were with Kris!

Hard to blend in with those shiny shoes! 😆 

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

For the first time ever we are BBC Sport frontpage! Local businessman Jonathan Bines appointed as a Chief Exec.

There's me thinking the mega announcement was the new Gaffers Range merch.

This post was modified 4 months ago by GeorgeS

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

That is a great announcement! Experienced hands on deck. And also the indication of going full time soon as well. 💪 

So not the US college team link up then!  😂

GeorgeS and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

As others have said should hopefully share the workload, and give Marc more time to concentrate on on-field matters at this crucial time 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Very good summation by Marc in todays weekly update of what exactly Jonathan is going to bring to the club. Sounds almost too good to be true (especially that he is going to be working full time and voluntarily)

Monetisation is one of the big things he will bring, including in food and beverage.

Once the club own the freehold of the ground then I am sure there will be ways that the f&b offer can be improved.

As Marc alluded to, the club doesn't publicise all of the challenges it works under, partcularly in respect of the ground.

I really hope that once DW own the freehold, then the club can improve what is able to do - I don't doubt at all that the current holders of the operating lease are a PITA to work with lol

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: