Solihull Moors (H) - Discussion + Predictions

26 Posts
11 Users
19 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

After 3 defeats on the road in 8 days, we are finally back at home against 4th placed Solihull Moors. All 3 previous meetings between the sides have finished 3-0 to Solihull with all 3 games seeing a Dorking red card and at least one penalty in the match! The visitors come in to the game with 3 wins and a draw from their previous 5 matches.

Jimmy Muitt limped off at the end of the first half at Roots Hall with what appeared to be a hamstring issue. Hopefully a bit of a precautionary sub due to the limited amount of fit wingers in the squad at the moment but you would expect him to be a doubt for this weekend. McShane, Briggs and Gallagher remain out while Josh Taylor crucially returns from suspension. Hopefully Fuller and Francomb are fit enough after recent issues.

Predictions:

Dorking 3-2 Solihull (Rutherford, Carter, J.Taylor)

1,679 att.

Male

Fuller           Craig          Hollis   

B.Taylor         Pybus        J.Taylor         Blair

Carter

Rutherford    Prior

Subs: Francomb, Moore, McManus, Bowerman, Ottaway

I doubt Bowerman starts after 90 mins on his return on Tuesday so it wouldn't surprise me to see Bobby start on the right, although he could switch sides with Blair. Solihull score a lot of set pieces so I can see Hollis being in the side to deal with Beck, etc.

AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Tough one.

Dorking (1)2 Solihull M (0)2 Rutherford 2

Att: 1,712 (75 from Solihull)

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

This is a game we need to win, considering our next 3 fixtures. 2-1 Dorking.

This is a game i can attend due to TV, as Crawley's next opponents, Stockport are live on Sky Sports tonight. The game is actually now on Monday as Brighton Ladies play Manchester City Ladies on the Sunday at Crawley's  stadium, again live on TV (BBC2). Apparently the Brighton ladies are very well supported, and often get a higher attendance than Crawley.  

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Dorking home win … much needed & Josh Taylor to get the winner and celebrate his new 3 year contract 👏👏 

DWFC 2-1 Solihull (Carter & Josh) 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

This is a hard one to call for me.

Only 1 lose in 10 games,  away wins at FC Halifax, Rochdale and Gateshead, also wins away at Wealdstone and Chorley in the Trophy. Draws away at AFC Fylde and Eastleigh. 

I'm hoping for a draw. Can't see a win. (Hope I'm wrong)

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

It's very immature, selfish and childish of me but I hope Solihull players have a horrific journey to Dorking what with the M25 closure and it massively affects their game giving us a win. Any win.

Knowing them they will travel this afternoon.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

GeorgeS, AdeB and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Trusted Member

They are a top side with an amazing away record recently. But this game matters a lot more to us than it does to them, and they have a comfortable cushion in the play offs.

Therefore I am predicting a 3-1 win to Dorking. Goals from Prior, Carter and Taylor. 

ReplyQuote
Steve1966
(@steve1966)
Trusted Member

I am going to plump for a 1-1 draw. Charlie Carter scoring for us. Attendance 1853 (60 from Solihull)

I'll have a Guinness

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

Trying to be as positive as I can for maybe our last few games in National League for now. Solihull have always been a tough game for us, haven't seen enough improvement from the team this season to suggest we can turn that around so on precedent I'm predicting a comfortable Solihull win. If we can avoid our traditional 45th+ minute conceded goal that will be something, and hopefully our sails can catch the wind a bit to try and recover some form to have a go for the tough run incoming.

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Hard to predict a home win looking at all the stats, but then again it was equally hard vs Chesterfield a couple of weeks ago.  Let's hope for the same intensity from our starting XI on Saturday. And their coach gets stuck on the M25 until 2.50pm.  Seem to remember they have scored the same goal from a corner against us at least twice, so it would be good to sort that out this time.  I'm going for a mad 2-1 home win. 

AdeB and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Today is the big day, huge support needed, that's our job. Bring your friends and family, pack the place out, give them all the support and encouragement we can!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@dorking-eagle agreed 👍 

Wanderers, Wanderers 🎵🎵  

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

Reasonable performance, but I am sure Marc will feel 2 points dropped rather than point won. Lots of stoppages and injuries, but felt we were slightly better team and had chances to win it. Know Alfie was booked for dissent in first half, but surprised he was subbed so early. At least a few our rivals lost, but still in big trouble, and can't see us getting many points from next three games.

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Yes that felt like two points dropped today, after they had to make changes due to injury.  Blair put some lovely crosses in and Jason could only convert one of four decent chances.  And Carter should have scored at the end there.  

Back four worked well against that big forward, Beck, but agree that it was odd to take off Alfie, even with the very silly booking. 

Need those chances to go in from now on, but a pretty decent performance overall.  

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Game plan nearly perfect, so whilst it was a good point considering Solihull's postition, it was also 2 dropped due to the narrow misses

Keeps us close to the hunt though

A week to gather the troops before the next game with Barnet having to play Tuesday

PS Spoke to Briggsy today, he had surgery on Tuesday to fix an underlying issue, so hopefully that is the last of his problems when he comes back to fitness next season

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: