Bromley (H) - Discussion + Predictions

45 Posts
11 Users
36 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

First game of the Easter double header sees us welcome Bromley to Meadowbank on Good Friday. 3rd place Bromley arrive with 2 wins and 2 draws from their last 5 although they did lose on Saturday at home to York City.

Answers on a postcard for who will be involved for this one considering the current amount of injuries and the comments from Marc after Barnet. McShane, Briggs and Gallagher definitely miss out and you would expect Pybus also considering the sudden recall of Aaron Kuhl. Will we see Cook, Blair and Rutherford involved (ever again)?

Predictions:

Dorking 2-1 Bromley (Prior, Random fan playing at right back)

2,161 att.

Male

Fuller              Craig         B.Taylor

Muitt                   J.Taylor         Kuhl                Bowerman

Carter

Prior       Ottaway

Subs: Hollis, Kennedy, Francomb, McManus, Moore

AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Interesting line up there Tom. A real battling side so you may well be right.

Anyway, I'm going for a win - must be right at some point surely;

Dorking (2)3 Bromley (1)2  Ottaway, Kuhl (pen) and Carter on the scoresheet

1,928 (89 from Kent)

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Philpot recalled as well which suggests Francomb/Fuller injuries might leave us short this weekend?

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

My worry is that the players that were loaned out, why and did Marc not fancy them to deliver?

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@happy-hammers It's a good question, Gary.

It may have been seen that Kuhl was surplus to requirements given the midfielders available at the time - McShane, Taylor, McManus, Pybus, Moore and Kuhl competing for effectively 2-3 central midfield spots - and possibly the same for Philpot. If a player isn't going to be guaranteed a start from time to time, it's probably best they get regular first team football until they can. Just my views, there's probably more to it. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, Philpot is unfortunately the 3rd choice in his role behind Francomb and Fuller with other cover options available as well. 

Kuhl I think was an emotional reaction to the Horsham match combined with the ever-present status of Pybus and Josh Taylor. I was ok with Kuhl going on loan for a month or so to get some regular minutes but he should have returned the second McShane picked up that injury and then even more so when Gallagher got injured.

EthanT reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Busy day for player moves - Kuhl, Philpot and Black recalled with Joe Cook leaving permanently.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Hard to put into words my thoughts about Joe Cook because it's complex, but I do agree he had to go, he's had lots of chances and kept frustrating. 

I think we'd still be where we are whatever, but we can't have Marc being driven absolutely nuts by Joe doing daft stuff again and again.

Still genuinely wish Joe all the best for the future though, like every player that passes through our doors I want them to go on and show the world what they are capable of. There's a player with a good future there if he canfind another club that is the right fit for him.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Not sure they needed to put it on FB. Why not just put it in the programme on Good Friday.

The modern world.

He didn't help himself but there should be a few others looking over their shoulders after this poor season. 

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@happy-hammers Gary, whilst the idea of informing fans via the matchday programme is a lovely throwback, I'm not sure we're going back to that any time soon... 🤣 🤣 🤣

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@calvertskans Cameron Black? Don't know much about him - can you enlighten?

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@adeb really good young player, defs one I can see playing us for one day - especially if we go down. Cray Wanderers fans really seemed to like him this season.

I'm surprised he's been recalled though. I wonder if Craig or Hollis are injured?

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

The twitter announcement still wished him the best for the future, puts out a message to everyone too, if Marc says something he means it

Cameron Black, classy defender, tall and strong. Thought he'd break through 18 months or so ago but been on loans. Could be good next season if we go down

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Trusted Member

@calvertskans Cameron Black would have been blooded at NLP level by most clubs this season, as correct me if I am wrong, he is the best young player at the club. Perhaps Mark has had that light bulb moment, that he should give his own a try finally. Bit late now as the season stands, but better late than never.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Joe Rabbetts is also outstanding and has a bright future, could equally have been recalled but perhaps DW have decided to leave him where he is (Bognor?) for now and look at it again pre season??

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: