25 Posts
12 Users
14 Reactions
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

So, with Briggs sadly looking like he may be out for some time (again) and still no sign of Jimmy Muitt returning to training, anyone got any ideas who could fill that right side gap?

Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

How about playing 4-3-3 

Then both fullbacks can get on and one midfielder holds. Fuller right back and Bobby in as left back, I know he's not the best defender but with 4 at the back you will have cover. 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Matt Everitt confirmed as signed. I think that answers who will likely be playing in place of Briggsy!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@dorking-eagle looking forward to seeing him play, Matt Everitt signs 

Says he is a local lad too? 

https://www.dorkingwanderers.com/post/matteveritt

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@dorking-eagle

Isn't he an out and out striker though? Always saw Briggs as an attacking winger. So we now have Prior, Seagar, Ottoway, Rutherford (when fit) and Everitt - quite a choice.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

I think Everitt is more likely cover for Rutherford while he goes out on loan to Bognor.

I would imagine McManus/Bobby-Joe cover the RW area until Briggs/Muitt are back.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Just listening to the interview - 'likes to get out wide and run at players' (amongst other positions) - so yes, looks like a ready made Matt Briggs replacement!

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

@calvertskans Even with Alfie going on loan, we still have three strikers. Like everyone else, I'm assuming he might be playing right wing for now until Briggsy and Muitt are better. However, it still feels like mid-field and LB is where we are having the most problems. Excited to see the new signings this week and the coming weeks.

Jlamps reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jlamps)
Member Moderator

I would imagine with the injuries, Everitt is likely to line up on the right hand side. Niall's energy and relentless running has been missed in the middle, and perhaps he has been rushed back. He was pretty anonymous against Solihull on the wing. I would rather he is a sub and could replace one of the starting midfielders or Everitt should he be needed. 

I know they are looking for a left sided centre back, but as yet they haven't been able to get anyone. 

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@jlamps I have been told he can play left side of the pitch.

ReplyQuote
(@jlamps)
Member Moderator

@happy-hammers he can play anywhere across the front - but I dont think the left side is where we need anyone at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: