Solihull (A) discussion &man of match poll

19 Posts
9 Users
8 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

On we go with a first win of the season under our belts. Solihull actually play their midweek game tonight (Wed) away at Borehamwood, so I am sure Marc will be at that one doing his recon against the opposition!

Crucially we have 24hrs more rest!

Really gutted that Briggsy won't be able to play a part, any sign of Jimmy Muitt getting back into training mode yet?

This topic was modified 11 months ago 2 times by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @dorking-eagle

On we go with a first win of the season under our belts. Solihull actually play their midweek game tonight (Wed) away at Borehamwood, so I am sure Marc will be at that one doing his recon against the opposition!

Crucially we have 24hrs more rest!

Really gutted that Briggsy won't be able to play a part, any sign of Jimmy Muitt getting back into training mode yet?

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

A great result last night, 2 good goals, just hope we haven't used all our luck up for the season,  still not sure  why he changed it at half time. 

But a point or even  a win on Saturday would be great.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Absolutely Gary. I thought 2nd half we looked a new team, got the ball down kept posession much better and took the game to them. More of the same next time 👍 

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Gary - I think they changed it at half time cos we were getting absolutely battered! 😆 

With Kuhl on and sticking to his position in front of back 3 it allowed the passing game to flow much better. Southend didn't really look like scoring in second half, but they must be gutted they weren't 3-0 up at half time.  Certainly used up a good share of luck there; lets hope we don't need it so much on Saturday.  And yes, gutted for Briggsy - he was on fire in second half 

Jlamps reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Man of the match poll has been added if you wish to have a vote. Only put a few options, to he honest it was a pretty disappointing performance all round.

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

I watched the game, I think you should of put the fans on the poll, because they were men  and Women of the match. 

I don't think anyone came out of that game today with any credit except the fans for paying money and spending their Saturday watching that crap.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

I was trying to be diplomatic Gary, but yes, it was a load of 💩today. Feel sorry for Baz getting injured for that but that's about it. Nothing worth remembering was there!

And the stewards were dreadful, allowing home yobbos to roam free unsegregated (shows why we always  need segregation to keep it civilised at Meadowbank) and not letting the away coach to unload or load at the ground (so the driver had to stop on a busy red route dual carriageway)

And don't get me started on the 'digital only' programmes🤣

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@dorking-eagle

I thought I saw their supporters behind the goal where you guys were.

I think the National League need to sort this out especially after what happened at Chesterfield.

Being diplomatic is not going to get this situation sorted, I don't think mate. A few home truths is needed. 

ReplyQuote
(@marc-whites-swearbox)

@dorking-eagle completely different last season by the sounds if it,we had a drink in an outside bar with them and the coach was in the stadium car park

ReplyQuote
Dorking Raider
(@dorking-raider)
Eminent Member

Voted for Barry Fuller only out of sympathy because he ended the game bandaged! They were all lethargic and lacking ideas!

Yes, it is Solihull's standard rules to not let away supporters coaches drop off and pick up in the stadium car park, however 

1/ the fan coach arrived at 2.20 after a difficult journey

2/ there was LOADS if space in that car park for a drop off and especially a pick up afterwards, at say 5.30pm

The arrangements led to the supporters coach driver having to stop on a double red line on a busy dual carriageway for drop-off and pick-up. The Solihull stewards actually said that it doesn't matter that there is space to facilitate a pick up, they weren't going to let the coach driver do a pick up because he did a red line drop off earlier!

So Dorking fans (including several elderly) had to cross a busy dual carriageway where there was no crossing!

It does beg the question though, are these Solihull's standard arrangements? If for example Oldham bring 5 or 6 coachloads are they expected to walk for 20 mins alongside a dual carriageway with no pavement, just grass edges where you could easily trip and fall? And what if there were disabled fans having to do such a walk? 

Solihull badly need to make proper drop off/pick up arrangements for away coaches! (Next season I will be driving myself there!)

As for in the ground, basically the arrangements for the game was unsegregated. There was only about 800 fans there (not the 1200 claimed, which must include non-attending season ticket holders who were presumably watching Birmingham yesterday instead)

Anyway, the youngest Dorking fans, typical age 12-14 had chosen an area at one end to stand at, had put up their flags and were minding their own business. About 10 mins before kick off a load of 16-18 year old Solihull youths (not wearing any 'colours') turned up and forcefully decided that it was their 'usual end' and tried to intimidate the younger Dorking fans away. A couple took swings at the Dorking kids, one tried to get hold of a young fans expensive looking video camera, and an older Dorking fan got pushed away. 

A member of Dorking's staff who were nearby quickly got the Solihull stewards over and they successfully managed to split things up, moving the fans into two separate sides of the same end terrace. A Dorking family with a pushchair and very young kids had to move along and their flag got ripped down (for which the Solihull youth responsible, a not very nice young lad, got ejected from the ground).

All very unsavoury, and totally avoidable if only Solihull Moors had put in place simple segregation between home and away fans. They have the stewards to do so, they have the separate turnstiles, toilets and catering units. And Dorking fans pretty much settled where they would have been (had there been segregation) anyway. I can only think they didn't actually segregate on the day because they didn't want to have to cook and sell burgers and drinks from the away corner as well as from the usual home end.

Whilst it's all a storm in a teacup and we move on (especially after the awful team performance!!) it does leave a bit of a sour taste in the mouth and a couple of our fans have said they won't be going to that ground again next season! All so unnecessarily avoidable!

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Many things left a lot to be desired yesterday, least said soonest mended.

Very proud that without exception the Wanderers fans in attendance kept their cool and did not rise to any provocation on a number of issues.

Bring on the York.

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Sounds like a day to forget all round (well done to all who went to the game) and move on to York at home on Saturday and a bank holiday away day at Woking 

Marc is back on Saturday too and this will be a big positive for the team and also the stadium, he has been missed and his presence will only be an advantage 

The squad depth is a bit of a concern but still very early days 

Expect there will be some hard work this week and hopefully a few boys back for the weekend too 

🐔 🙌 ⚽️ 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@sddwfc 

I agree it's good news Marc's back but he needs to concentrate on the football and not the man in the middle. As I hear it could be a 16 game ban next time. 

Dorking Eagle and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@happy-hammers totally agree .. focus needs to be on the team and hopefully he has reflected that the club is hindered without him there on the side-line and in the dressing room ... I am not sure there is anyone on the coaching staff who can step up either 

Let's hope for a positive 2 games upcoming ... and 4 points minimum would be awesome 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: