What about Left Back?

20 Posts
10 Users
5 Reactions
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Looks like Joe Cook doesn't cut the mustard.  Bobby Joe is better going forward than defending. Dan is our permanent gap filler.  Can Joe Rabbetts step up to the mark?

SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Joe Cook deserves another chance doesn't he? ..worth a try and gives balance to the back (& a bit of height) ... 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@sddwfc 

I'm afraid to say I think  Cook's ship has sailed. That's what people are saying. 

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I didn’t see Marc’s interview today,  but let’s see the squad tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

I'm just amazed that for a least the 3rd season running we seem to be in a permanent injury crisis! I don't know if the plastic pitch at Meadowbank is still to blame (Briggsy's latest injury on Tuesday was on it to be fair) as we train at Redhill (grass) now.

Is it that we are trying to play against mostly pro teams, but only part-time training?

Or is it due to the age of the players? Overall we tend to go for 'experience' - Mooro, Prior, Fuller, Craig are all getting on in football years but you can't beat their nous and reading of the game IMO

But we certainly seem to have more than our fair share of injuries!!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

Yes, the injuries just pile up for some reason and highlight the need for a big squad.  Probably being part time is a factor. Plastic pitch  seems to be feared too. 

On Cook, he wasn’t at the ground on Saturday and it seems he has parted company. It must be hard to be criticised publicly by own manager; maybe diplomacy rather than honesty is better  for team morale sometimes.  

Left back is now a problem. It will help to have Francombe back but there is still a lack of balance. Where is Cheads these days?! 

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Cheadle is at Hampton & Richmond Borough

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@miller09 

Sorry Cheadle isn't the answer 😂

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

I can't remember the last time we had a proper Left back at the club., what about Archie who's out on loan. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

@happy-hammers Kennedy is back for York isn't he?

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

So presumably with Joe Cook completely cut out of the scene, and now Kuhl facing a 1 match ban for his red card we are once again stretched for suitable players to fill the 1st team duties.

And whilst Harrison Male makes one worldie save per match, you have to ask is there a point at which Slav gets a chance? Surely we're not going to wait until the cup games in the Autumn to give Slav a go? When's the Surrey Senior Cup?

Or could Dan Lincoln be enticed back from cricketing duties in September? He seemed a lot more commanding of his defence than Male.

More questions than answers!

ReplyQuote
(@cmldjjd)

I think the biggest issue is Mark Beard's departure. Interesting looking at the body language in the stand the past few home games of those not playing. Whereas before (last season) there would be a move to the dressing room at halftime and full-time, it appears that those individuals prefer to stay where they are and have a chat or look at their phones. Good guy that he appears, I don't think Ross is cutting it right now, and the absence of any real emotions/motivation from the bench in match play worries me. Yes, Marc will bring an impact when he returns next week but the management team seem to be a big worry right now, and not necessarily the players who are doing their best to cope with what appear to me to be unfathomable tactical play.

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Not the only Beard we are missing.  Sam made that left back position his.  he was a big loss.

ReplyQuote
(@mackers71)

@dorking-eagle personally, I don't see the point in changing the keeper. Harrison is a good solid keeper and as much as Slav is a club legend, he is not up to National League level

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mackers71)

@cmldjjd Mark Beard's absence is clear for everyone to see. The impact he made cannot be underestimated. I don't think Deano is up to being an assistant manager, certainly not vocal enough.  We definitely need Marc back in the dugout, but his behaviour is questionable and has a negative affect on the team.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: