46.2%

Maidenhead (home 12th August)

35 Posts
11 Users
31 Reactions
(@jlamps)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Now the dust has settled on Chesterfield, how does everyone feel about the first home game on Saturday?

I would imagine that after the week of training and rest (but with injuries) we will have to change the line up. Any suggestions as to who plays where?

I would perhaps go with Gallagher into the back three, Kuhl in the middle and starting with Seb on the left as the main changes to Saturday. Whilst Fuller isn't as adept on the left, he started there Saturday and also allows Kuhl into the line up without leaving Dan out. With Maidenhead letting a two goal lead slip (their social media suggests they were fortunate to hang on) this is a game we should be on the front foot. 

This topic was modified 12 months ago by Baggy

SDDWFC reacted
Henryp44
(@henryp44)
Eminent Member

Seem to remember Maidenhead are quite a big side and are pretty direct. Assuming no unknown injuries I’d go with same team as Saturday with kuhl coming in for cook and Gallagher slotting in to the back 3.

Think it is really important we win the game Saturday to get the momentum building again. With chesterfield out the way our next 3 games are winnable imo and I hope we can take at least 7 points from those 3 games.

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Be good to see Dan G & Kuhl in the same team and how they work together, can’t see why it wouldn’t work well 👍 

Did well at the end of last season with Saturday, Tuesday home games close together … 6 points in 4 days would be awesome and a good start to the season after 3 games

🐔⚽️👏 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Tan
 Tan
(@tan)
Eminent Member

I’m looking forward for our first home game of the season. Fingers crossed for 3 points a lot of noise and good atmosphere. It’s very important for our players to be the 12 man. 

Dorking Eagle and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

Yep, really looking forward to Saturday, and really important to get 3 points on the board.  Last season at our place Maidenhead were either not very strong or a bit disinterested I thought.  But yes, another physical team.  Do we think Francomb is out injured?  If so, Barry starts on the right presumably - he links up so well with Briggs going forward.  Dan G at left back at Kuhl into the holding role is a good option. Then it is between Seb and Bobby Joe for left side of midfield for me. Bring it on! 

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Bring it on indeed, buzzing for the first home

game of the season 🐔 ⚽️ 

Think Seb could have a big game and be influential … 

#Optimistic #3points 

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

When is Marc back on the touch line and in the stadium? 🤔 🐔 ⚽️ 

ReplyQuote
Henryp44
(@henryp44)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @sddwfc

When is Marc back on the touch line and in the stadium? 🤔 🐔 ⚽️ 

pretty sure Marc has 4 games left to serve of the ban. Woking away should see him back on the touchline

Dorking Eagle and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Any score predictions? I am guessing a narrow 2-1 win!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

An optimistic 4-1 win 😉 

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

3-1 home win 😀

I notice nobody yet has gone for a clean sheet, that would be great 👍 too … settle for a 1-0 in that case

Looking forward to a good game and the season to really start 👏👏 

Dorking Eagle and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

I'm hoping 2-1. I think we will concede at least 1 goal (please no more than that). Defense might struggle a little this week, since we don't have depth right now due to injuries. Hoping to see Kuhl and Gallagher working together. How much extra time does everyone think this game is going to bring? 

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Kuhl and Dan G playing in the same line up seems to be an interesting dimension to tomorrows game, as a few of us mention in this forum 

Saw Marc’s weekly update earlier and totally agree that the additional time issue needs to be resolved … think it will settle down and we will see 6mins max and less from now on … 

Fancy JP9 to add to his goal tally too 👍 🐔 

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@robh 6 minutes extra time maximum please

ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

I'm expecting goals today - and would guess a 3-2 win. Will be interesting to see the added time though. I might keep a stopwatch on it to see what is included as time wasting - but I probably won't remember to start the clock again...

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: