Dorking Wandering

The Dorking Wanderers FC Fans Forum

Southend (H) discus...

Notifications
Clear all

Man of the Match v Southend Poll is created on Aug 15, 2023

Southend (H) discussion & Man of Match Poll!

23 Posts
12 Users
15 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

As of a couple of hours ago, they had sold 813 of a 900 away allocation, so it's all ticket for their fans.

Might make the Fanzone a bit cosy for a pre-match beer!

I expect Marc will do a video update before then to fill us in on his thoughts, injury news etc.

This topic was modified 12 months ago by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

Henryp44
(@henryp44)
Eminent Member

Team I’d like to see:

Male

cook Craig fuller 

briggs kuhl Gallagher Taylor BJT

Seager prior

Would like to see us with a bit more defensive solidity so I’d drop mcshane to the bench and have kuhl Taylor and Gallagher as my midfield 3. Despite cook’s cock up at chesterfield id start him as I do think there is a good player in there. 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Referee will be Aji Ajibola from Erith in Kent. He is a Sales Account Manager for Canon UK and, sturdily built, he is an amateur boxer. He is Vice Chairman of the BAME Referee Support Group and a serving member of the Football Association in a voluntary role on the FA Council as a National Game Football Communities Representative. He is also the Referee Committee Member for the Kent County FA.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

@henryp44 

That looks decent. I would bring in Jebb for Gallagher in front of back three to improve the speed and creativity of passing; plus start with Ottaway up front with Prior. But whoever plays, there will need to be more movement in the midfield to provide  options from the back and in support of front two. I reckon we will sneak a 2-1 win 

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
(@slug)
Member Moderator

Is Cook still with us? Rumour in the ground on Saturday was that he’d been told to do one after his latest sending off 

ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

No idea on Cook, but that was a hell of a comeback!! Fantastic second half performance and 3 precious points! 
Male kept us in it first half - brilliant saves 

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Great 3 points and didn’t look likely after the first 30 minutes or so, could have been 3 down and then Seager scores from poor Southend defending 

Second half so much better, Kuhl made a difference and in all areas we were sharper and quicker to the ball ⚽️… Briggsy came into the game more in the attacking half and lovely team free kick goal from Prior 

Male was good again and looks assured 

Good win to get the season rolling … 🐔 👏👏 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

Tan reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Brilliant performance and 3 points under the lights. I'll put the MoTM poll on very shortly

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@miller09 sneak a 2-1 win we did 🐔👏👏⚽️

Tan, Baggy and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Feels like every game at the moment Harrison Male does a couple of wonder saves! 🤗 

This post was modified 12 months ago by Jlamps

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Tan
 Tan
(@tan)
Eminent Member

I’m buzzing right now what an upset for Southend. Fantastic win for us at home 🔴⚪️

Dorking Eagle and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@dorking-eagle ‘I like it, I like it, I like it, la la la la la la, here we gooo, Harrison Male in goal’ 🧤🐔⚽️👏👏

Tan reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Exactly. The Wanderers Gods rewarded the teams determination and persistence tonight!

Tan reacted
ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

Elated! What a game. That first 15-25 minutes was hard to watch, though. Male with some fantastic saves. He has been outstanding. We are still struggling to sufficiently clear the ball. On the other hand, Seager is a workhorse- pure and simple. I think Southend is going to struggle with such a lack of depth of players as the season progresses. That did have some really good movement on the ball. So happy we got some points! -Disjointed post due to a mixture of excitement and illness. 

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Absolutely buzzing after that win!  Fantastic. We were saying at half time we would bite a hand off for a 1-1 draw. Male again made some incredible saves and Southend looked much fitter, sharper and confident. A worry. 

Good to see Kuhl on for second half in front of the back three; but also worried about Dan at LB after Saturday. But what a difference that made. Completely different feel to the game; we were on the front foot and got Briggs into the game at last (such a shame about injury - looks like a hamstring strain. Where is Jimmy when you need him?). 

Niall did well when he came on but I would still like to see Jebb given some minutes in the midfield to help keep the ball moving.  The team should get fitter and fitter now with more games, so great to kick start the season with 3 points and a brilliant second half performance.  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: