Seager  -  votes: 3 / 37.5%
37.5%
Philpot  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
McManus  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
McShane  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

Horsham game (inc Man of the Match poll)

28 Posts
13 Users
24 Reactions
(@admin6719)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Starting this topic for all chat on the last home friendly, against Horsham on Tuesday evening, which I guess counts as a local derby. 

This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Dorking Eagle

SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@dorking-eagle is Harrison Male the confirmed no 1 keeper or is it still up for grabs between him & Slav? 

Dan Lincoln had a great end to the season, shame he left, but hopefully between Harrison and Slav we have decent options 

Looking forward to the game tonight, looks like it will be nice evening 🌞 too 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Harrison Male is considered the senior of the two keepers in the current pecking order, but of course it's a long 46 game league season, plus 3 cup competitions so a bit of healthy competition never did any harm!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@dorking-eagle been impressed by Harrison so far and be good to see him get a full 90 mins tonight maybe

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

I have added a poll to this thread (only 15 options possible, so the first 15 to appear are listed - sorry Bobby Joe!)

Feel free to give your reaction to the action and share all your post match thoughts below!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

Wot - no Bobby Joe to vote for?! 
I thought he was a class apart second half. Great pass for the goal, which Seager took superbly. 
Not too much else to get excited about tonight but second half the passing was slicker without creating clear cut chances.  
let’s hope no one got injured … 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

The poll feature only allows for 15 options, so the first 15 to appear are listed, sorry (normally 15 would he enough!)

There were an incredible 21 substitutions in total in tonight's game across both teams! 

Male was VERY lucky it was only a friendly as he would have ordinarily been red carded for handling outside the box! Luckily the ref saw sense and awarded a free kick instead!

ReplyQuote
(@slug)
Member Moderator

Agree about BJT for sure!

Isaac looked like he’d done something towards the end, hopefully not as bad as it looked 🤞

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Difficult to pick a MOTM tonight, went for Seager for a great finish and goal 

Second half more positive and the referee was very sensible for the Harrison handball 🧤 

Looking forward to the season proper starting now 🐔 ⚽️ 

ReplyQuote
(@dorkingdorking001)

Bobby was so good tonight, thought the youngsters could’ve come on earlier, would’ve liked to see more of saunders, he looks good. Want to see more of jaevon as well, anyone got any opinions from tonight as well ?

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Point taken re: Bobby Joe on the poll - in hindsight perhaps I should have left out Male to accommodate!

I have now seen Marc's post match interview (which was posted online after my bedtime!!). It's a fair summation and in reality for large parts of the game it felt like one of those 'free' home Tuesday night friendlies where the players largely treat it like a training session. Vast majority of our players failed to stamp their mark on the game, and there wasn't much in terms of a 'Wanderers home performance' where we repeated any sort of dominant patterns of play. The 10 substitutes that came on across the 2nd half for us didn't particularly assist much other than giving most legs in the squad a run out. 

Oddly it felt quite similar to the Horsham midweek friendly in the second half of last season (where they beat us 3-0). Horsham to their credit were professional, energetic, determined and persistent. On both performances against us, Horsham showed the credentials to be a solid NLS team, and it is only the pyramid system, with just 2 promotion places which is keeping them out. I believe as a club they got the best average home attendance in their division last season, and if you get the chance to go, it's a well run non-league club with decent modern facilities.

Anyway all being well, onwards to Farnborough on Friday, which I hope to get to assuming the Reliant is roadworthy. 😉 

Anyone know why it's Friday and not the usual Saturday afternoon???

This post was modified 1 year ago by Dorking Eagle

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle That Friday thing is a bit strange, isn't it? I would definitely have gone had it been a Sat afternoon...

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Yep very strange it is a Friday night - I should be there (car repair not withstanding!), but there is quite a list of friendly games being played on this particular Friday night - 

Braintree Town v Ipswich Town U21 (7.45pm)

Dulwich Hamlet v Millwall U/21 (7:45pm)

Erith & Belvedere v Billericay Town (7.45pm)

Farnborough v Dorking Wanderers (7.45pm

Fleet Town v Aldershot Town U21 (7.30pm)

Fleetwood Town U/21 v Stoke City U/21 (1pm)

Ipswich Wanderers v Henley Athletic (7.45pm)

Jersey Bulls v Stenhousemuir (6pm)

Whitehawk v Burgess Hill Town (7.45pm)

(amongst others)

I wondered if there was a practical reason for it - do Farnborough groundshare or something??

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

I would like to see a bit more of Jaevon Dyer - he has looked lightning quick with bags of skill. Have also been impressed by Saunders; very calm on the ball and has the physicality too. 

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: