Hartlepool (H) - Discussion + Predictions

20 Posts
7 Users
12 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

For one last time in the National League for a while, we face Hartlepool United at Meadowbank. Hartlepool sit in 14th with 2 wins and 2 draws from their last 5 games.

Will be interesting to see what sort of team we put out for this one. Will Marc want to see if a few of the youngsters can cut it for next season? Will he risk any of the injured players (Prior, Pybus, Francomb, etc)? Not sure what kind of crowd we'll get for this as I wouldn't surprise me if it was quite large like last season or even quite small due to the relegation.

Predictions

Dorking 5-3 Hartlepool (Rutherford x 2, Carter, Muitt, J.Taylor)

2,387 att.

Male

Philpot               Craig             B.Taylor

Muitt                   J.Taylor        Kuhl                   Blair

Carter

Rutherford         Moore

Subs: Hollis, Kennedy, Pybus, Bowerman, Ottaway

Reminder that this is a 12:15 KO!

AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@calvertskans That's good news then. He doesn't strike me as a reactionary sort of guy so not surprising. I think he'll have some fun in the NLS.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Bowerman broke his foot during the game yesterday. I wonder if that means we look at new wingers during the Summer?

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Stats tell you how unfortunate we were to lose yesterday:

xG: Dorking 1.84 - 1.26 Hartlepool

Possession: 58% - 42%

Shots: 19(6) - 18(9)

Top Performer: Jimmy Muitt - 10.0(!)

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

It was great to see Muitt back to his best yesterday but with Bowerman out for a while, yes more cover required probably. 

It sounds like quite a few key players will be staying next season but there will be a lot of churn too.  From conversations yesterday it sounds like athleticism will be a priority for new defenders, which is reassuring. 

Really positive vibes after the game yesterday, in the circumstances, although the trays of shots going round might have had something to do with that! 

ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Trusted Member

@adeb Tony Craig is now 39 and his lack of pace did cause their 3rd goal when he was running back vs their 20 year old youth graduate. 

Luke Moore will be 36 by the start of next season. Jason Prior will be 36 this coming December. Harry Ottaway will be 36 by next January. 

There is a fair number of players to be replaced due to pure age and lack of athleticism.No doubt if we keep them they will be injured a fair bit. Only Luke Moore looks physically up to it still even at the level below. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: