11 Posts
7 Users
7 Likes
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

So, what does everyone think will happen to the wonderful Mr Carter? Outstanding once again yesterday, can we keep hold of him? Clearly too good for the NLS (and some would argue the NL) - I think he is/was on a one year agreement?

TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

Spoke to him a couple of times after the game yesterday and he said he was staying. I believe he said he had another 2 years in fact.

Did sort of insinuate that if an offer came in for him then it would be out of his hands and up to Marc and the club, etc.

RobH and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@epsomwanderer)
Eminent Member

For me it was actually the the highlight of Marc's speech at the end was when giving the managers award he mentioned Mr Carter and Josh playing together next season those 2 in NLS would be amazing!

On the flip side of that (and sorry if this should be in Male thread) I thought reading between the line of Marc's comments about him having a massive career ahead of him I do wonder if his next move is already lined up. But if that was the last we see of him that save at the end seemed like a lovely way to sign off. 

EthanT and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

I really hope we can keep Charlie- good guy, and as @epsomwanderer said, seeing him and Josh Taylor in midfield will be outstanding (even better if we could keep Pybus, but not sure on that).

I think Harrison is going to leave- unfortunately. I hope not. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Honorable Member

@robh Pybus said he was staying as well so hopefully!

I think Male is gone though unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Yes I heard the same yesterday from Carter and Pybus, which is great. I just hope the club doesn’t need the money so much Marc is tempted to cash in. I also heard a new keeper has already been identified 

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Trusted Member

Would be great to build a side around Carter, Josh Taylor and Pybus next season. I think Male either joins York or possibly even a league 2 side...

However a good portion of the 1st team squad is 35+next season (Prior, Ottaway, Moore, Tony Craig, and Fuller) and if they are kept on will lack the pace, athleticism to compete and likely be injured for a good portion of the season anyway. Therefore, splurging a good amount of the wage bill on them if they wont even be fit anyway does not make sense. Also, if we do go up surely we want to go up without a massive rebuild. 

You then have others like Kennedy and Jebb who will surely be released. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by JacksonFairweather

EthanT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ritch)
Eminent Member

I asked one of the players (no name mentioned) if Harrison was leaving and he was coy and said we think he is…

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Would/could we get a fee? Guess not if out of Contract?

ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Trusted Member

@adeb He walks away for nothing on June 30th 

But whatever club takes him hopefully we can agree for them to send us a loan player next season...

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

York released their current keeper - he any good?

ReplyQuote
Share: