FC Halifax Town (H) - Discussion + Predictions

34 Posts
12 Users
15 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

After frustration midweek, we take on Halifax at Meadowbank this Saturday. With only one home win in our last 5 league games at Meadowbank, this one feels like a must win, especially as Halifax currently sit bottom of the form table.

A few question marks on the fitness of some players for this one - Craig, McManus, Rutherford all have unknown return dates. Bowerman and Fuller remain out while Moore returns from suspension.

Predictions:

Dorking 2-1 Halifax (Prior, Carter)

1,752 att.

Assuming that the previously injured players are still out then I think we will see an unchanged lineup with Ottaway potentially replacing Rutherford. Possibly a return for Cook in the back 3.

Male

Francomb  Hollis  B.Taylor

Muitt  Pybus  Carter  J.Taylor  Blair

Prior  Ottaway

Subs: Cook, Kennedy, Gallagher, Briggs, Moore

Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@adeb great questions,  I can't see them going full time if they went down,  I personally think they could be 5 players going.

ReplyQuote
(@epsomwanderer)
Eminent Member

Really struggling, to be positive today!

As veteran of fair few palace relegations this position feels different to me, often when I've seen those relegation threatened teams they were poor! The table doesn't lie at the end of the season, as my dad always says!

But for me the table is lying, from what I have seen, certainly recently we are at least a mid table side. If we survive, and obviously I hope we do and there is time, I'll have a fiver on us making playoff next year! If we go down I'll put my house on us going up as champions!

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@epsomwanderer ha ha I hope you've got somewhere else to live then! Maybe Marc would put you up 🤣 

Seriously tho - I totally agree, we're not being outplayed, unlike last season, and are more than a match for most.

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Late to this one as I missed the game Saturday. But is sounds a familiar story: breakaway goals, bad luck and lack of finishing power.  But Halifax had the better stats in terms of a goal threat, which is also a familiar story, especially at home. 

Overall, I agree with Marc on underperformance this season: last season was a great effort to finish 16th, playing part time and with a load of injuries. This season should have been at least as good: training more, better squad (albeit some a year older); and fewer great teams (only Chesterfield this season). Although the strugglers all seem pretty decent on their day.  This squad should certainly be good enough to survive. We have all commented on the lack of pace at the back, but there are ways to play to compensate for that.  Confidence may well be an issue, given the run of results.  Looks like we will need run like last season again, but that is certainly doable. Away wins look more likely at the moment - so bring on York! 

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: