Bromley (A) discussion & man of match poll

29 Posts
12 Users
13 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

Bromley away on Tuesday night on their artificial 3G pitch - after a longer than usual break between games what can Wanderers fans look forward to?

Thought on the likely line up, and of course the obligatory prediction poll!

This topic was modified 9 months ago 3 times by Dorking Eagle
This topic was modified 9 months ago by Baggy

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

(@slug)
Member Moderator

I’m a big fan of Josh T, but getting booked for dissent and a resulting suspension when we’re so short of players is annoying to say the least.

But still very optimistic for the rest of the season. We’ve matched the top three teams when we’ve played them with a patched up squad. And still 30 games of the season left!

Baggy and TomCalvert reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Thought it was a new one to me that in his post match interview Marc criticised the management team for their in game management.

From where I was watching on the side terrace we couldn't see the Dorking bench at all, nor the corner of the pitch where there were at least 3 bookings! Reminded me of watching over the fence from the alleyway with a restricted view!!

Several of the management team are volunteers AFAIK so it's more harsh to criticise them than most

Bit of a kerfuffle at the final whistle though, no need for that. Oh well at least it was so much better passing football and less over the top long ball, in the long run that's what will get results

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Gutted ... 

Voted for Mooro MOM .. but felt it was a good performance & well worthy of a point  

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

TomCalvert reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Great performance, super unlucky. Thought Moore controlled much of the game and we seemed to go through midfield much more with him back in the side.

Bookings were a mystery to me, too, watching on the stream. And the commentators had no idea either! On that note, thought the live stream commentary excellent, for a change.

Can't wait to see what we can do when we actually have our full squad to choose from!

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@adeb I also watched the game on the stream, very enjoyable game. Agreed the performance was much better than of late,

Matt Briggs had a good game (Derek will be pleased 😉😉) joking. Got crosses in but no one was there to get on the end of them.

2 negatives for me last night,

1. I couldn't see where the goals were coming from,  our one was a defensive misty.

2 Marc's post match interview was absolutely ridiculous and rubbish, blaming the management team, so he's not part than that team. Where are the Senior players taking control of the situation. 

That's my rant over, couldn't really tell who was MOM on the stream. 

Enough hard game on Saturday. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

@happy-hammers I thought Briggs had an average game if I'm going to be honest. Took the safe option too many times. The crowd were definitely getting frustrated with him last night.

I agree that we looked a bit lost in front of goal but we were missing the bulk of our attacking talent - Prior, Rutherford, Bowerman, Muitt, McShane, Carter. I can't believe Seager passed rather than taking on the shot with his left for that chance just before HT though!

The post match interview was a bit odd but it was interesting to see one of the coaching team get a yellow during the game and then someone (Deano I think?) get in a fight with a Bromley player after the FT whistle.

On the subject of injuries/suspensions - I wonder if we will look to recall Philpot if Francomb is going to miss a few games. Fuller only just back from injury (was poor when he came on as well...) so we will need to rotate him with someone. You could argue that we should recall Kuhl as well with Josh Taylor suspended and McShane/Carter still injured. Francomb, Gallagher, Bobby and McShane are all 1 yellow away from a suspension as well...

Was good to see Craig/McShane/Bowerman all doing running/fitness work on the pitch before the game.

AdeB and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Think Marc was as sore as the rest of us as to the nature of the defeat after a good performance.

Being grumpy about members of the Management Team with "AA battery" coaching badges isn't constructive, probably the huge disappointment making him snap like that.

With our current available squad, injuries, part time status, resources etc we are naturally going to lose quite a lot of matches. As we did last season.

As fans we accept that. Personally I love Marc's post match interviews just for all the insights he shares, the honesty etc but I don't especially need there always to be a point of blame after each defeat. I can accept it was just one of those things yesterday. And I have full faith we'll get enough points across the season to stay up, regardless of these bumps in the road. If anything it makes them more determined for the next game.

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Not so fun fact of the day - We've conceded 4 goals after the 90th minute this season so far with 3 of those being winners (Chesterfield, Maidenhead, Rochdale, Bromley). We only conceded 3 goals after the 90th minute all of last season and none of them were winners/equalisers (One in the 3-0 v Solihull (A) and two in the 1-4 v Boreham Wood (H))

We've also conceded an 89th min equaliser v Rochdale, an 85th min goal v Woking and an 82nd min goal v Chesterfield...

Fitness/injuries probably a big part of it but we desperately need Tony Craig back in there.

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@calvertskans good stats, I found them very interesting and very worthwhile.

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@calvertskans better than having 95% passing around our 18yd box!!! 😂😂😂😂

ReplyQuote
(@benwheeler05)

We really need to back ourselves more in front of goal when shooting because there’s been way too many times where players have had clear chances in the box and chosen to pass the ball instead of shoot. The Seager chance last night has to be the final straw for me.

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Just seen the winning goal for Bromley. I'm sorry not sure if it's a foul and  Male should of definitely caught it.

ReplyQuote
Steve1966
(@steve1966)
Trusted Member

Listened to it on the radio. From what I heard, it seemed as though Dan Gallagher was superb, with Cooky a close second. The commentator said Dorking were hard done by not to get anything out of the game.

I'll have a Guinness

ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

@happy-hammers I haven’t seen it back but Bromley fan with a good view told me after he thought VAR would have had it as a foul on the keeper.  But his handling is so good he maybe should have gone for the catch. But not going to knock Male - he has been brilliant all season.

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: