Aldershot (A) - Discussion + Predictions

29 Posts
12 Users
16 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

We move on to Aldershot Town away where 3 points is now literally a must. Aldershot have 2 wins and a draw from their last 5 games but are coming off the back of a 4-0 defeat with 9 men yesterday against Maidenhead.

You would imagine the squad looks identical to Bromley on Friday but will Marc decide to risk Dan Pybus? Rotation of the starting XI is expected after the comments Marc made post match so I am expecting the likes of Kuhl, Blair, Rutherford, Muitt and possibly Ottaway to start.

Predictions:

Aldershot 3-3 Dorking (Rutherford, Blair, Kuhl)

3,812 (301 away) attd.

Male

Fuller         Craig        B.Taylor

Muitt          J. Taylor        Kuhl           Blair

Carter

Ottaway    Rutherford

Subs: Philpot, Hollis, Bowerman, Moore, Prior

AdeB reacted
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Slav now at Raynes Park Vale and also man of the match for them in their last game

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
 cp96
(@cp96)

@adeb as a youngster Ade from 11-15 i was a regular at welling united but moved out of the area and naturally lost interest. I have always followed the non league pyramid as in my late teen i played for Dartford and VCD. I got into Dorking by watching BOA and found it remarkable what Marc has done and loved the first trip down to Meadowbank i've been hooked every since! 

I genuinely think we pull it out the bag tomorrow and maybe just maybe pull off the great escape! if not we go again next season in NLS. Can't believe people are calling for the head of MW after all he's done plus being part time in the NL

Baggy and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Those getting the train or driving can go to the B team game at Meadowbank first as it's 11am KO! I might have to leave 15 mins or so before full time to make the train to Aldershot but a nice little option as free for ST holders.

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

Good call Tom.  They sit in second place and it's a top of the table clash with Roffey.

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

PS.  It's also worth noting that you can park your car for free in the St Martin's car park  as it's a Bank Holiday.

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Let’s hope for a better performance than last year’s toothless effort at Aldershot.  Would be good to have Pybus back in midfield but if not, surely Kuhl will start? 

Hard to know if last Friday was just a bad day in front of goal or a sign of lost confidence. There were enough good crosses going over but not enough bodies in the box.  Won’t make it there today but I’m sure there will be a noisy DW presence there.  💪

ReplyQuote
 SMR
(@smr)

Posted by: @dorking-eagle

Slav now at Raynes Park Vale and also man of the match for them in their last game

It's a loan until the end of the season as their number one, Billy Bishop, was injured.

ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Trusted Member

Good to see Craig made captain and starting today. I thought he was a 9/10 against Bromley and our best player. Lets hope we can take our chances at the other end today. Kuhl and Philpot will have good games I am sure of that. 

This post was modified 4 months ago by JacksonFairweather

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

Nice to see Wanderers legend Tom Tolfrey at Meadowbank this morning.  He played in first half for Roffey.  Game finished one free-kicked goal each and one red card each; Roffey now Champions I think.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

I hope Tolf was given a warm welcome by all who remember him

Sure he still has the club top scoring record

At Aldershot I thought Dorking were good value for the draw. Male was as good as he's been all season

Should have got a first half penalty but on balance how many chances did Aldershot blaze over!

Not the 3 points we wanted but we are still in it.

It is also the time of year when I start looking at other divisions league tables, incredibly Sutton United have pulled out of the bottom 2 in League Two (for the first time all season)

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

SDDWFC and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Yes probably a fair result today. 

I'm going to eat a piece of humble pie. I didn't think we would have missed McShane as much as we have with his goals ,but he is obviously a big miss.

Carter as good as he is, he definitely needs to practice his finishing,  he could have been on double figures by now. 

EthanT and TomCalvert reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Thought we were great value for the draw, and could easily have nicked a win.

Great all round performance, real commitment - thought Carter and Male outstanding as usual, but also Kuhl, Philpott, Craig and more. 

3 more wins. 

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Stats look a bit one-sided but a draw definitely a fair result in my eyes:

xG: Aldershot 2.39 - 0.70 Dorking

Possession: 49% - 51%

Shots: 17(5) - 10(4)

Top Performer: Harrison Male [7.9]

Strangely, the one-on-one with the keeper chance that Carter had was only a 0.04 xG! 

Injury to Bobby-Joe is a bit of a concern as we aren't blessed with lots of players in that position at the moment. Hollis will likely start more games now unless we play Fuller in that position again. Could Kennedy come back in to the fold?

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

We will miss BJ if out for a while. Good player.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: