Dorking Wandering
The Dorking Wanderers FC Fans Forum
Bit of discussion about the 26/27 squad in the other thread so thought I'd move it to it's own one. I am sure we will see a retained list in the next week or so but for now, the confirmed contracted players for next season are:
Brennan Camp
Josh Taylor (injured for the first few months)
Harry Pinchard
James McShane
Seb Tauta-Caballero
Dennon Lewis
Alfie Rutherford
Jake Lawrence
Confirmed players leaving so far:
Tony Craig (retired)
Luke Moore (retired)
Niall McManus
Who would everyone keep/release for next season?
@calvertskans that’s interesting, I thought that might be where Prior would go. Saying that, maybe he might go back to Bognor.
@calvertskans That really surprised me when I saw it, dropping down another step.
I guess McCallum is local to down there having previously been at Eastleigh. The 3G at Havant won't be kind on his knees though. Doubt they are paying anything like what he was on at Eastleigh either, but being local probably swung it.
"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White
Aside from that period where we had Patrick Casey up top banging them in, we did not look like a serious promotion unit last season. Nikaj is that type of profile of a player that Casey was for us.
There are some comments about the squad being too small, even if a total of 7 come in, which takes it to 21. However that ignores the fact that we do now use the loan market well and can fill the squad out with 2-3 loan players.
If those that are rumoured to come in, do come in, then aside from the obvious, the focus needs to be on keeping the boys fit and healthy to play as many games as possible.
Don't want to intrude i've been following Dorking for the last few years through the BOA series other than the ones mentioned earlier on the forum would you expect many more signings? Can't help but feel the 6 probably needs to be 8 or 9 to provide the depth to win the division
Depends if the club manages to solve the injuries problem that has been rife since we went 'hybrid' full time
Most of the older ones have left/retired though, which might help on that front.
"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White
@boa-watcher Marc has mentioned there might be a 7th signing which I would imagine would be it before the season starts. Possibly some trialists as well like we had with Lawrence and Storey last Summer.
The great thing about non-league is that you don't have a transfer window so can always make further additions as you go along.
I’m looking forward to another great half season from Trailist B. And maybe C, D and E 😀
Another signing being announced at 6pm tonight.
@rh3 Think it’s just the shirt. Marc said they were supposed to be announcing another signing last night but never happened. Wish they’d announce all of them in one hit like Farnham have done. And the kits
@calvertskans Looking at the squad just now if the 6 mentioned above are signed on
Barrett, Nikaj, Wood, Sawyers, Philpot, Morris.
I'd say that you need 2/3 more
- Target Man ST (Prior, Ottoway, McCallum mould)
- Left Midfielder as competition/back up for Dennon Lewis
- Centre Mid (At least until Josh Taylor is back)
I'd also be expecting Lawrence to be loaned out to a step 3/4 team probably same for Seb Caballero
@gary-munnery My guess would be that there will be some still under existing Contract, as well as other (varied) reasons for each new signing why we can't announce all in one go
Well, this is all a bit disappointing. I thought we were promised a signing on Sunday, which is why I hoped there would be news today at 6pm. Sorry, but I am not bothered about what kit we are wearing next season.
If we really have six new players signed, just why can't we be told about them. I am not impressed with this smoke and mirrors nonsense.