AFC Fylde (A) - Sat 25 November

13 Posts
4 Users
3 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

The away fixture at AFC Fylde on Saturday 25 November, until recently scheduled for 5.30pm kick off has now been moved AGAIN and will now kick off at 12.00pm

Expect an early coach departure!

This topic was modified 9 months ago by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Why all the changes - is this one live on TNT?

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Yes, it is live on TNT at 12.00

Fylde-Dorking was originally scheduled for 5.30pm but then TNT got to show Brentford v Arsenal at 5.30, so we've been shoved forward to the lunchtime slot

Totally inconvenient for those of us who like to travel away, and I can't believe hardly anyone will watch us, because at 12.30 on Sky it's Man City v Liverpool

Racking my brains trying to think of a sensible way of doing it, but I think roll out of bed onto a coach that leaves at some ungodly hour is the only real way. 

I don't imagine Andersens coach company will be too pleased either

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Going to be a 6am coach at the very latest considering it is a 5 hour trip (including the stop) 

😕

ReplyQuote
Steve1966
(@steve1966)
Trusted Member

1. Wasn’t going to do this one because of the 5:30 ko
  2. Now it’s moved will 99% do this game

I'll have a Guinness

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @calvertskans

Going to be a 6am coach at the very latest considering it is a 5 hour trip (including the stop) 

😕

I think anything later than 5am is taking a big chance on traffic and roadworks, and the drivers will want a 30 minute stop.

Looks like there is a KFC and a Burger King next to the ground but what a slog. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Seeing as there is no coach for this one, what are people's plans?

Pretty much looks like you have to drive unless you go up and stay in Blackpool the night before.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

I'm planning on driving up (leaving something like 4am lol) but will be in no fit state to drive home the same day lol - I'll probably be asleep during the game itself!!

Hoping to book some sort of hotel or guest house in Blackpool so i can take my son to see the illuminations on the Saturday night, so ideally want something in walking distance of the prom, but also with parking.  

EDIT - found a Blackpool B&B which whilst not 5 star is in budget, has free parking outside, good reviews and just about within walking distance of the prom. Will check with the drummerboy first but looks just the ticket!

This post was modified 9 months ago 3 times by Dorking Eagle

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Supporters coach is available to book for this one, departs Dorking at 5am, £25.

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

The supporters coach to Fylde is now FREE. Book online at dorkingwanderers.com

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Are people buying sitting or standing tickets for Fylde? Looks like they are separate entrances.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

@dorking-eagle I did standing

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Thanks Tom

ReplyQuote
Share: