23 Posts
10 Users
18 Reactions
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok - for a bit of fun and discussion - let's have your ideal starting 11. Appreciate this will vary according to the opposition but there's some really tricky choices at the moment...not least the Seagar/Prior thing up front - can we accommodate both and who would lost out in other areas. I'll start:

MALE (GK)

COOK (RB)

CRAIG (CD)

BJ TAYLOR (LB)

FRANCOMBE

MCSHANE

J TAYLOR

BARROWMAN

SEAGER 

PRIOR

BRIGGS

Bit of an attacking line up - will win most games 5-4 not 1-0.... 🤣 

SDDWFC reacted
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Prior + Seager

Barrowman                               Briggs

J Taylor       McShane

Gallagher

Cook                 Craig           Francombe

Male     

Rutherford to replace Seager when fully fit

Not fully convinced by Male yet (IMO Lincoln was better than what we've seen of Male so far) but its of course early days so giving it time. 

I expect Kuhl to surpass Gallagher over time.   

Of course there are some games you can't beat a bit of Mooro!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

SDDWFC and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@dorking-eagle I'd go with that tbh. Very strong line up.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@dorking-eagle

The way you've presented the formation - that's something that's often really needed since the introduction of squad numbers. 

Bring back 1-11 I say, and don't worry about names on shirts, I can't read them usually anyway 😉 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Where it gets tricky is that we have players like Bobby-Joe, Niall McManus, Mooro, Kuhl, and Muitt who all have so much to offer and as I say when Rutherford comes back, it'll likely push Seager down the order too.

This league doesn't help with only being able to play 3 subs (don't think that's changed?).

Then you've got Jaevon, Isaac, Jebb, Kennedy - are these ever going to get a game here?

I know we are diabolical for having injury crises! But even so, a few players might need to go out on loan because I don't think they are 1st team quality to be honest.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

SDDWFC and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Posted by: @dorking-eagle

Prior + Seager

Barrowman                               Briggs

J Taylor       McShane

Gallagher

Cook                 Craig           Francombe

Male     

@ Dorking Eagle I would go with this, but with Bobby Joe in for Bowerman at the moment, with Jimmy Muitt pressing his case when fit too. 

Kuhl to play some games in screening role too, depending on opposition. That is a role I think Jebb could do well with his range of passing. 

ReplyQuote
Steve1966
(@steve1966)
Trusted Member

GK Male at the moment, as I think he will get bullied in this league at corners and set pieces. So could see maybe a bigger GK bought in

Back Three

Francomb

Craig

Cook

Holding mid Danny G 

Centre Mids Kuhl and Josh Taylor

Bowerman and Briggs wide

Prior and Seager up front

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Dorking Eagle

I'll have a Guinness

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Posted by: @steve1966

GK Male at the moment, as I think he will get bullied in this league at corners and set pieces. So could see maybe a bigger GK bought in

Back Three

Francomb

Craig

Cook

Holding mid Danny G 

Centre Mids Kuhl and Josh Taylor

Bowerman and Briggs wide

Prior and Seager up front

Means leaving out the magician James McShane 😥 

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Great forum post 👍

Some good first XI’s and think we have a good squad depth this year ….and hopefully injuries will be not too bad 🤞 

Concerned that Jimmy Muitt hasn’t featured yet as he was so strong at the end of last season and I am a big fan 

Share some above thoughts about the keeper 🧤 position but want to have faith in Harrison and will see when the season starts, but Slav has some good pedigree too so we have it covered 

Feeling positive ⚽️ 🐔 for the season ….. 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@dorking-eagle the 3 subs rule should change … no reserve keeper 🧤 on the bench is always a slight worry too

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Posted by: @sddwfc

@dorking-eagle the 3 subs rule should change … no reserve keeper 🧤 on the bench is always a slight worry too

Exactly - if the last 3 games were real league games we could have been without a keeper twice! Harrison went off injured at Mousehole after 9 mins (and we played the remaining 81 with Francombe in goal!) and last night v Horsham if that hadn't been a friendly he would have been red carded for deliberate handball!

I know it makes for exciting BoA episodes, but we really should be putting a sub keeper on the bench!

Miller09 and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Henryp44
(@henryp44)
Eminent Member

Personally I’d go with:

Male

Francomb Craig cook

Gallagher

Bowerman J. Taylor mcmanus Briggs

Prior seager

If we are playing a team like chesterfield where we don’t expect to have much of the ball I’d change to a 4 2 3 1 shape 

Male

Fuller Craig Cook BJT

Francomb josh Taylor

Briggs mcshane Bowerman

prior 

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

I agree four at the back is a good option for some games, and Marc used to good effect last season at times. 

I don’t think Marc trusts Bobby Joe as last man at left back. He would be great left side of a 44 2. 

JP will need a rest from time to time- Ottaway is perfect to play up front on his own. He holds the ball up really well and links the play. 
Lots of good options! 

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
SnappyWanderer
(@snappywanderer)

Male, Baz (RB), Craig (CB), Cook (LB), KUHL (DM), JT (CM), Francomb (DM),Biggs (RWB), Bowerman (LWB), Rutherford (10), JP (9)

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Ot dog up front holds the play up so well 👏 

when is Alfie due back? 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: