Thought of the fortnight.

20 Posts
9 Users
12 Reactions
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Right 2 away games on the spin, they do say after 10 games it normally shows you the league structure. I honestly would be glad of 2 points and not to many goals conceded. I can't see any further that that. 

Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Just a personal opinion but I think Marc is way too open and honest about our tactics, injuries etc. It is lovely to get all the latest info, but the opposition manager has a full squad fitness report, what we think they will play like, what our tactics will be to frustrate the home crowd etc.

There is loads that Marc could put in a weekly update that doesn't give the game away quite so much.

Similarly you don't need to have watched too many episodes of BoA to learn how we play against all sorts of opposition formations, all the little tricks we employ etc

I guess Marc is a passionate believer in communication, and lots of it, and he also believes that the more online and social media coverage and outreach we do, the more fans/followers we will get on board.

I just think in such a competitive league we somewhat give our game plan away

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

They love him up t'North.  He's a breath of fresh air - swears a lot, speaks his mind, picks up a lot of yellow cards and gets sent off.  And they can almost guarantee a win when DWFC are in town.  They won't love him and patronise him so much when he's driving back down the M1 with three points in his pocket.

Dorking Eagle and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Marc has done very well to propogate the positive image of our club amongst fellow clubs.

The beers kitty for visiting fans is an absolute masterstroke

(only reciprocated by Wrexham mind!)

For the cost of the drinks for 7/8 visiting teams per season (or whatever it was) we must get 10 times the goodwill back in in-ground f&b spend. And probably less grumbles about the state of the away end last season too!

Will say though that there are visiting supports who may not be huge in number, but come huge distances - Alty, Gateshead, Fylde and it isn't those fans fault if they are small in number. Would be nice if say Gateshead fans get a free cup of tea in the ground or something just to say thanks for making the long trip!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

I'd rather have the three points.

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@dorkingtyke totally agree, forget all this nice nices.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: