32 Posts
11 Users
12 Reactions
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

For all Oldham chat. 

Beautiful day. Coach making good progress north. What better time than today to bag first away win in NL north of South Mimms services? 

Go Wanderers ! 💪⚽️🔴⚪️🔴

This topic was modified 11 months ago by Baggy

SDDWFC reacted
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Bring back the points 🐔 ⚽️ 🙌 guys 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

Baggy reacted
ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

It’s our second point north of M25, so that is somerging. But could have been 3 points if ref could see 🤬

Thanks very much to Frank for the pie and beers - much appreciated! Good guy 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Feel Marc was harshly treated today, IMO that's not a red, hope an appeal will be submitted as having Marc on the touchline is vital.

As for the ball over the line, that just sums up how useless the officials are in this league. With any luck they will be suspended for getting that one wrong.

In the circumstances  a point is still a result.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@dorking-eagle totally agree it wasn't a red because it's only a yellow when you do that on the pitch. No doubt they will appeal it.

But I did say a few weeks ago they are after him, that ref couldn't wait to send him off.

I watched it on the stream, not sure who was MOM but I felt Bobby had another good game. 

Not sure why they praised Gallagher so much,  I didn't think he had a good game or am l wrong.  

2 poor teams going forward I felt but a point on the road is a good point.  My prediction of 2 away draw is halfway there.

Watched Halifax on the stream as well, they are very big and very dangerous at set plays. Also very quick on the counter. 

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Also I'm sorry to say but I think Fuller is done, i think age has caught up with him.  He has been a great servant to the club. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

@happy-hammers I had a look at the FA rules for sending off managers and it does say deliberately delaying the restart is a sending off offence surprisingly. Not sure why it isn't just a yellow.

Thought Gallagher was very good defensively second half. Cleared almost every corner/cross. Josh Taylor was by far the standout for me today though.

Sadly, I have to agree on Fuller ☹️ 

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

@calvertskans wow that's unbelievable, thanks for having a look at the laws.

fair enough on Gallagher hard to see in a busy 18yd box  

ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

@happy-hammers Yeah, with the consistency of injuries, it seems to be the end for him. Our defense has been doing pretty good the past two games, but I worry for the future as Craig and Francomb are up there in age, and recovery talks so much longer as we get older.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Fair opinions.

On Barry, his injuries are becoming more common, but all the time he is willing to keep getting fit again I would definitely keep him here, he comes across as a model senior pro and he is one for the younger lads to look up to. And I'd say he has been one of the best 4 or 5 players in our squad for performance consistency up in the games so far this season until he went off yesterday

On Gallagher, he is quietly efficient - the clean sheet was no accident and he's a great 'blocker'

Josh was my MOM, in that last 15 of the 90 he was making so much space to open up passes

Gutted about Marc, but I am sure such an impulsive action will simply be a touchline ban of some sort and he'll be able to stand on the sideline next to Lamps which wouldn't be the end of the world. Can't image it'd be a stadium ban at all. If you've ever played the game, when a ball comes to you like that it's instinct to give it a kick! Although the way he leathered it reminded me of "AVE IT" by Peter Kay in the John Smiths advert!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

As for the day out as a whole

IT

WAS

EPIC

!!!!

That supporters coach was like a partybus! The drivers let us put on karaoke singalong songs and everyone was going nuts!

And in the ground we had a speech by Frank PLUS he sung "The Wanderers" to us as well - what a guy! I know we had a special thing with Wrexham last year, but Oldham is the new Wrexham - top class!!

This post was modified 11 months ago 2 times by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

Agree with @Dorking Eagle it was an epic away day!  Oldham fans were really friendly - not at all happy with their manager - and Frank looked after us well. Coach home was brilliant - just imagine if it was three points on the road!

On the match itself, it was yet another game of two halves.  I thought we were very poor in first half at keeping possession and posing an attacking threat.  Defence was good and coped pretty well with what I thought was a poor Oldham side. Certainly worse than last season. Second half was much better and for about half an hour we looked most likely to bag all the points. And should have done of course: the stewards, fans and players all thought it was well over the line. Makes you mad 😡  

Fair enough @CalvertSkans - if that is the rule we can't complain about the red card.  It was daft from Marc, as he knows they are cracking down on time-wasting, has made a big deal about being back in the dug out and has called out others when they have been sent off and cost the team. It was 0-0 and not even 15 minutes in! He needs to show us his silky control rather than his Peter Kay instincts.

On Dan G, if he plays the screening role he is the one with most time on the ball and he is no DJ Oldaker, as the first half showed.  But he makes a lot of blocks and second half he and Craig helped keep the attacks out. It didn't help losing Niall before ko and then having Seager on the wing. I would have liked to see Calum Kennedy on at LB and leave Bobby Joe to do his thing on the right.  Josh and Seb had strong second halves and Jason was excellent throughout, and would have had a couple of goals on another day. 

So all in all a positive result and performance, against one of the weaker teams I would guess.  Halifax next week will need to be a step up and is sure to be another great away day. Hope to see you there! 

ReplyQuote
(@slug)
Member Moderator

@miller09 totally agree that we should have brought Kennedy on and left BJT on the right. Seager tried his hardest but he can’t play that role. BJT gives such an attacking drive from wing back in a team that’s not showing much creativity

As for Gallagher, he can tackle obviously but gives us little creativity. Playing him there doesn’t help us on the transition, I personally prefer Pybus in that role. 
As for the supporters coach, much more fun than Solihull. Can we get those drivers back every time!! 😂

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

Didn't Gary hint that another red card for Marc could mean a 16 match suspension?

ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

I heard that yes. But maybe they will go easy as he was abusing the ball, not the ref 😏 

Mind you, if he was still on the touchline when Jason's "goal" was disallowed it would have been more than a football being booted ... 

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

At the start of the season Marc promised to behave himself; perhaps he meant behave himself just a little bit!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: