Projected points for the last 12 games?

43 Posts
10 Users
11 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

We ended up with 10 points from the 8 games played the last time we predicted this so let's see what we think we can get from the last quarter of the season. Home form has obviously been poor but we've made up for that somewhat by picking up good results away from home. We're still not sure when Wealdstone (A) will be so i've just slotted it in for the 19th March for now:

Chesterfield (H) - 0

Altrincham (A) - 0

Maidenhead (A) - 3

Southend (A) - 1

Solihull (H) - 1

Wealdstone (A) - 3

Barnet (A) - 0

Bromley (H) - 1

Aldershot (A) - 0

Altrincham (H) - 3

Rochdale (A) - 1

Hartlepool (H) - 3

TOTAL POINTS = 16

I think we need 15+ points from here so I think the above should just about keep us up.

The form of Chesterfield and Altrincham has dipped a bit recently but I still don't see us getting much from these with the players we have missing and low confidence of the side.

I can see us getting results away at Maidenhead and Southend. I don't think our pitch will suit the likes of Solihull and Altrincham so I can see us getting results in those. Barnet's form has also dipped but I think that one will be beyond us.

I'm hoping that fixture congestion causes Wealdstone too many problems and we can get a crucial 3 points at their place.

I'd like to think the boys can get themselves up for a crucial last game of the season at home to Hartlepool, especially if Hartlepool haven't got much to play for at that point.

AdeB reacted
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@calvertskans 52 seems to see us safe with many permutations on the NL predictor, especially given the last day games for Kiddy, Maidenhead, Dagenham and with B'wood playing Ebbsfleet.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Most of us had us getting nothing from Barnet so not much has really changed, although the manner of the defeat is a real concern.

We're only 1 point worse off than my prediction at the moment so as long as we get 3+ points from the Easter weekend then we're very much still on the hunt.

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

Just 4 points from the first 7 games of this run-in. Worst than we predicted, and I feel 10 points needed from the last 5. A big ask particularly if get nothing tomorrow. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@crawleysth only 2 points worse off though. Most of us had us getting nothing from Aldershot so if we do somehow get a win then we're still on course. 

Even a point wouldn't be terrible (as long as the teams around us lose) but it will mean we need 10+ points from the last 4.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Think it has to be 10 more tbh. Had a little play around with the predictor, and even with 10 we're probably reliant on others...

Win both the home games, and one of either Rochdale or Wealdstone and draw the other - if we get nothing tomorrow. Tough ask - but as Marc tweeted last night, NWOTW!

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

One thing that would be a little bit of a disaster is if Boreham Wood get relegated with us. They would be clear favourites for the NLS due to their backing.

Oxford City could get put in NLN as it stands.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Posted by: @calvertskans

One thing that would be a little bit of a disaster is if Boreham Wood get relegated with us. They would be clear favourites for the NLS due to their backing.

Luke Garrard leaving boringwood at the end of the season so if the bottom 4 stayed the same they would have to start again with a new appointment.

I think Oxford would be put in NLN as it'll prob be 2 from us, Maidenhead and Boringwood to go into NLS

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@dorking-eagle Braintree are further North than Oxford so it could be them that go in the NLN. Oxford have better travel connections though so may still be them.

Merthyr town might get promoted from the Southern Prem through the playoffs so they are an option for NLN as well.

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @dorking-eagle

Luke Garrard leaving boringwood at the end of the season so if the bottom 4 stayed the same they would have to start again with a new appointment.

I think Oxford would be put in NLN as it'll prob be 2 from us, Maidenhead and Boringwood to go into NLS

Can't see us catching Maidenhead as they are 8 points ahead of us with better goal difference. I think they will stay up. Best chance to catch Wealdstone (still to play them) or York, if they lose tonight.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Good to see an injury time equaliser for Halifax against York - every little helps...

Crawleysth reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

@dorking-eagle Braintree are further North than Oxford so it could be them that go in the NLN. Oxford have better travel connections though so may still be them.

Merthyr town might get promoted from the Southern Prem through the playoffs so they are an option for NLN as well.

Chesham have been promoted to Step 2, it's almost as far 'north' as Oxford - could they even be put in NLN?

Would love to go to Merthyr (although a tall order for them to win play-offs)

Also where would Needham Market go? (they are top in the 'Southern' League(!) Premier Central) - we played them in the Bostik Prem in 2018 (when we also played at Lowestoft) but I am thinking NLN?

This post was modified 4 months ago by Dorking Eagle

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle It's be interesting for sure.

Can't see Chesham in the North - it's not far from Hertfordshire/Watford/M25/Boreham Wood etc and games against St Albans are seen as local. Really hope they stay South as it's a great place to visit (used to go many times when Watford were not playing).

It's a definite problem though - need a 'Midlands' division really but to do that you'd need 6 down from the NL!

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@dorking-eagle No idea why that league has 'Southern' in the name as it is basically a midlands league. Needham Market will almost certainly go North.

Fairly certian Chesham will be in the South as there are several teams north of them (Hemel, Braintree, Oxford, St Albans, etc). Looking forward to visiting if we go down.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: