Projected points for the last 12 games?

43 Posts
10 Users
11 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

We ended up with 10 points from the 8 games played the last time we predicted this so let's see what we think we can get from the last quarter of the season. Home form has obviously been poor but we've made up for that somewhat by picking up good results away from home. We're still not sure when Wealdstone (A) will be so i've just slotted it in for the 19th March for now:

Chesterfield (H) - 0

Altrincham (A) - 0

Maidenhead (A) - 3

Southend (A) - 1

Solihull (H) - 1

Wealdstone (A) - 3

Barnet (A) - 0

Bromley (H) - 1

Aldershot (A) - 0

Altrincham (H) - 3

Rochdale (A) - 1

Hartlepool (H) - 3

TOTAL POINTS = 16

I think we need 15+ points from here so I think the above should just about keep us up.

The form of Chesterfield and Altrincham has dipped a bit recently but I still don't see us getting much from these with the players we have missing and low confidence of the side.

I can see us getting results away at Maidenhead and Southend. I don't think our pitch will suit the likes of Solihull and Altrincham so I can see us getting results in those. Barnet's form has also dipped but I think that one will be beyond us.

I'm hoping that fixture congestion causes Wealdstone too many problems and we can get a crucial 3 points at their place.

I'd like to think the boys can get themselves up for a crucial last game of the season at home to Hartlepool, especially if Hartlepool haven't got much to play for at that point.

AdeB reacted
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

That's an evil run in at the end of those games.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Solihull (H) 4th

Wealdstone (A) 18th

Barnet (A) 2nd

Bromley (H) 3rd

Aldershot (A) 6th

Altrincham (H) 9th

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Barnet and Bromley may have already secured top 3 at that point so might take their foot off the gas a bit. Solihull also may have secured a playoff spot by the time we play them.

Aldershot and Altrincham's form hasn't been great recently either. Hopefully Rochdale and Hartlepool don't have anything to play for going in to those last 2 games either. In fact, Rochdale could be massively impcated by the off the field issues at that point.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Tend to play better against those higher up I think?

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@calvertskans Every possibility that Rochdale will have a 10 point deduction, or even be forced out of business altogether...

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@adeb I'm sure they'll be fine. I feel like these statements by owners are just made to hurry up potential buyers of the club like what we saw with Southend.

They very well may get a 10 point deduction though like Southend did.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

I agree - Rochdale's statements are just trying to get the fan owners used to to the fact that the people about to take them over want a controlling stake (ie the new owner don't want potentially meddling fan owners having any meaningful stake) 

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

Finding it hard to be optimistic enough to predict more than a point a game so I won't pick a number, but considering how tight the mid-to-lower table hopefully some results in other games can go our way and help reduce the safety threshold a bit. Last season it was a similar situation where we went into the last 3 gameweeks being relegation candidates and we ended up 12th.

The home run is extremely tough, although I've got a funny feeling about Chesterfield as we usually run them close! As our points might mainly come from the away games I want to make the effort to try and attend a few to show support, worst case I get to make the most of our stay in NL and best case I get to catch some draws/wins!

EthanT reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@georges Last season was very different because you had 2 or 3 teams that were miles worse than everyone else (Maidstone, Scunthorpe, Yeovil) so we really only had to stay ahead of Torquay. This year we really only have Oxford in that position whereas everyone else could realistically finish mid-table.

We also only spent 1 day in the relgation zone last season, whereas this year we spent most of August in it and the last couple of weeks. We ended up 16th rather than 12th as well. Run-in was much kinder last season to add to that.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

I remember that last season, we dropped into the bottom 4 then a day later Gateshead had a point deducted for something!!

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@dorking-eagle Yeah they had a point deducted for fielding an ineligible player I believe.

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

I think the only option now is to set up for every game as an away game. Sit tight and nick something on the break or from a set piece. We seem to play better against the better sides in general, but agree that Chesterfield might be a bit painful; Barnet too. 4 defeats from 12 games would constitute a great run @TomCalvert, but never write off the Wanderers! 

Crawleysth reacted
ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Looks like some of you are coming around to my way of thinking at last. 🤔🤔🤔😉😉

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Hi Gary, I saw your shout for Neil Ardley on twitter and whilst it's only thinking out loud, surely that's never going to happen is it?

For one, Marc tactically outsmarted Ardley himself at York only a couple of weeks ago.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: