Dorking Wandering

The Dorking Wanderers FC Fans Forum

Altrincham (away) t...

Notifications
Clear all

Altrincham (away) tickets and travel (21/10/23)

51 Posts
9 Users
8 Reactions
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

Altrincham away 

Supporters coach departs 08.30am from Dorking High Street (still a bargain £25) bookable at https://dorkingwanderersfc.ktckts.com/event/doralt/altrincham-supporters-coach

Match tickets are priced from £1 - £20 and available from Alty's website

https://altrinchamfc.com/products/altrincham-v-dorking-wanderers-1

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

One of the disadvantages of having plastic pitch is no postponements and away teams having long trips to play us on a Tuesday night. Instead Dorking have to do the long mid week travels which don't suit a part time team

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Early days, but forecast for Tuesday morning onwards in Altrincham is heavy and constant rain... 😬 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Net weather (which is what football clubs use) is for moderate rain, moving to light rain by kick off and nothing during the match

Crossing fingers!

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle We'll see. BBC has constant rain from 8am, heavy from1pm through till 9pm...

Difficult one though, as when the players depart, it will probably be absolutely fine. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Altrincham announced that refunds will be processed and that tickets will be free when the game goes ahead (probably 3 years from now at this rate...)

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

That is something which I am pleased about.

Next date cannot be before 5th March as that is the first date both clubs are free.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Attempt number 5 will be Tuesday 5th March, 7.45pm

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Had a look at monthly forecast on AccuWeather and there is lots of rain forecast in Altrincham between now and then. Also due to rain fairly consistently the day before and a bit on the day as well with snow(!) forecast during the night in between...

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Weather forecasts are only very accurate from 3 or 4 days before in my opinion. They have probably just looked at the Manchester average weather for the time of year. 19 days away so we could still be lucky.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

@dorking-eagle Yeah for sure, take it with a pinch of salt.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@calvertskans

Yep David's right. Weather only even vaguely accurate up to a few days. Apparently it takes the slightest shift in wind or something in some far off place to change it all...

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

It was more just to point out that with rain generally expected over the next few weeks, their pitch will likely not be in great condition. Will also mean I wait a bit for a more accurate weather forecast before booking train/hotel...

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Early BBC Weather forecast looks fine for the day of and days leading up to the game now!

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Anyone received or seen a way to get their ticket refund yet?

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Nothing yet (albeit I bought mine in October). Hoped it would have come automatically.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: