Dorking Wandering

The Dorking Wanderers FC Fans Forum

Aldershot (A) - Eas...

Notifications
Clear all

Aldershot (A) - Easter Monday (1 April 2024)

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator
Topic starter  

Aldershot away, Easter Monday 1st April 2024 (ko 3pm)

Coach tickets £15 available from dwfc.co.uk (departs 11.30am)

Match tickets from Aldershot LINK = https://aldershottownfc.ktckts.com/event/ald2324s07/atfc-vs-dorking-wanderers

We have been allocated a block of seats in the wooden South Stand, plus a section of uncovered terrace next to it, same as last year in the league.

We've NOT got the East Bank covered end terrace.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

I know we've spoken about this David but so disappointing not to get any East Bank.

I've tweeted the club so let's see, but one Aldershot fan's response was that away fans can go just about anywhere these days when it's 'un-segregated', as apparently Ebbsfleet fans appeared on 'The Slab' a terraced area usually for home fans on the other side of the old wooden stand.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

Dorking fans generally want to all stand together. Personally I will be in the seats as the view from them is outstanding, best view of the game in the ground. My son is obv disappointed we haven't got the Eastbank because unless you get given the Eastbank then away fans aren't allowed to bring a drum.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Now confirmed the Shots will be taking the allowing their fans into the current no mans land for the first time in ages, leaving the area normally given to away fans as a gap between home fans and away on the bend. 

Shame, but I get why they're doing it. They're even giving the whole East Bank (all 4 'bays') over to home fans for the final game against Borehamwood - although I'm not sure where the segregated bit will be in that case.

My advice - buy seats whilst they're available. Same price, and you can always go on the terrace if you like. Handy if it rains tho.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

That's what I do anyway as the view from the away seats is the best in the ground IMO

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Topic starter  

No more coach bookings being taken for Aldershot. Very easily reached by train of course.

ReplyQuote
Share: