37 Posts
11 Users
16 Reactions
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Can anyone put together a list of the squad with player's ages - and their professions so we can start to get a picture of who might be here longer term, and who either may be coming to the end of their career, or not able to go more full time?

Any thoughts too more generally on where we are heading with the current first team players, form aside, I'm thinking more about age and prospects here.

TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

I'll give it a go:

Harrison Male - 23 - Full time

Barry Fuller - 39 - Coach

George Francomb - 32 - Full time

Isaac Philpot - 28 - Teacher I think?

Tony Craig - 38 - Full time

Joe Cook - 24 - Full time (possibly)

Callum Kennedy - 34 - Not sure but possibly full time

Haydn Hollis - 31 - Not sure but possibly full time

Archie Procter - 22 - Full time possibly

Dan Gallagher - 26 - Think he said he was a plumber on a BoA ep

Dan Pybus - 26 - Full time

Josh Taylor - 28 - Coach/scout

Niall McManus - 29 - Accountant I think

Luke Moore - 35 - Not sure but might be full time

James McShane - 33 - Royal Mail

Aaron Kuhl - 27 - Not sure

Charlie Carter - 27 - Full time

Jack Jebb - 28 - Full time

Seb Bowerman - 28 - Not sure but hes not full time

Matt Briggs - 27 - Engineer

Jimmy Muitt - 28 - I think he's a social worker or something like that

Tom Blair - 24 - Full time possibly

Bobby-Joe Taylor - 28 - I think he might be a coach

Jason Prior - 35 - Think he might be a quantity surveyor or something like that

Alfie Rutherford - 25 - Roofer

Harry Ottaway - 35 - Think he said he was a painter/decorator in a BoA ep

I think it might be the end of the road this season for some of the older players. We really need to look at freshening up the defence a bit at the very least. Could probably do with another young striker with some pace as well.

Ritch and AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@calvertskans Cheers for that.

So only 5 players aged 25 and under, with no one 22 or under, which surely is very unusual. And of those 5, only 2 currently playing.

Appreciate that players sometimes don't reach their peak until mid to late twenties, but this is a very lopsided and aging squad - and certainly lacking pace, which is the one thing that has really been missing all over the pitch lately.

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

I am Crawley Season Ticket Holder, so only go to 5-10 games a season as I only go to Dorking or Horsham when I don't go to Crawley. However, I have not been since November, due to fixture clashes, and the fact the performances were so poor.

I agree the squad is aging and we definitely need a young striker, to replace Seager, and another good defender, plus possibly another keeper.  I also agree with another post on a different thread that we need to spend money to strengthen the squad to stay up rather than ground improvements.

We have been very unfortunate with injuries this year particularly in attack/wing. It is unusual  to see Dorking as one of the lower scoring sides in the league, and I agree with Marc when he believes the squad was stronger 2 seasons ago.

I feel the attendances have been excellent this season considering the poor performances, and the facilities have been improved, but it is time to improve the team to ensure Dorking stays up.

If Dorking do go down, I think they will have to look at reducing prices, particularly for concessions and children. Crawley reduced them to increase attendance, and it increased by 34% last year. Crawley prices are one of the cheapest in League 2 (Adult £15, concessions £10, Under 18, £5, Under 14 £4 (or free with paying adult)). This has particularly increased the number of new young fans. I appreciate  I am lucky though as my Wimbledon away ticket cost £25. 

ReplyQuote
(@dorkingdorking001)

Anyone think Marc will bring in any of the youngsters in the team for next season, we saw the likes of Jack saunders in pre season and Joel brown recently, they both looked good for me

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Posted by: @dorkingdorking001

Anyone think Marc will bring in any of the youngsters in the team for next season, we saw the likes of Jack saunders in pre season and Joel brown recently, they both looked good for me

Honestly - no. He's not done it before so I can't see it happening any time soon - stakes are too high in the first team, it's big money business for a club of our size to stay (and try to compete) in this division

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Really think we need a striker.

Since the beginning of November, our strikers have scored a combined 2 goals (not counting McShane as a striker).

Briggs, Muitt and Blair all have zero goals in that time as well...

AdeB and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone know why Joe Cook is on loan at Weymouth? He's a class defender imo.

And will we ever see Aaron Kuhl again?

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@adeb Joe Cook has had some really good performances for us ... 

Is kit man Mitch leaving? 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@sddwfc Yep - off the West Ham after the Fylde game...

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@adeb 😞

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Mitch will be kitman for West Ham U21s and Academy. I wish him well.

That striker stat is appalling!

Aaron Kuhl's loan was extended until the end of the season. Reckon we'd see him again for DW if we were relegated to the NLS.

Seen the run in, think 5 of our last 7 league games are against play-off teams - reinforces the need to get points on the board now

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

Recent starts for Luke Moore up front says it all about squad depth. No disrespect at all to him, it paid off once the first time, we just need another striker!

I get the impression the Joe Cook issue is a personality/attitude clash between him and Marc so I'm not sure we'll see him again.

Been really impressed by Joel Brown so hope he can gradually be integrated into the first team.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

@georges Yeah, I just don't think Marc and Cook get on so unlikely he will be around this season or next (maybe if we get relegated).

I imagine Kuhl will get a bit of a go in pre-season and the beginning of next, similar to Jebb this year, and then a decision will be made. I would personally have him in the squad now as I think he's a better player than McManus and Moore, albeit different type.

Big fan of Joel Brown as well but I think he needs a loan at a Step 3 club next season. His height is also an issue at the moment.

GeorgeS reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@georges Strange this is, Luke Moore is listed as a striker on Wiki...

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: