7 Posts
5 Users
3 Reactions
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Rumours now abound about our wonderful keeper's future. Some say York City (madness imo, surely only for local reasons) others just say he will not be around if we go down.

I wonder what his contract stipulates - can anyone recall how long he signed for? Would we get a (big) fee if he moved on?

Personally, I think the best place for him is here atm (though I would say that, wouldn't I).

Thoughts?

TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

He's only contracted for this season so it is unlikely he re-signs if we go down in my opinion. He's far too good for NLS.

York makes sense due the connection to Hinshelwood who was his manager at Worthing and fairly local to his family in Leeds (I am assuming that is where he grew up as he obviously played for Leeds as a kid). Wouldn't surprise me to see him sign for a League 2 side though.

ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Trusted Member

It is not madness that he joins York as he spent 12 years of his career at Leeds United. 

He has impressed me more than Sam Howes did and he is now backup at Leyton O in League 1.

Clearly the limiting factor for him progressing as a keeper is the perception you have about his height, he is very short for a keeper. Regardless of whether he is up to the level or not, the height thing is just going to count against him. 

I think he leaves regardless of where we are next season...That is my gut feel here.

His ceiling all things considered is probably league 2.

ReplyQuote
(@crawleysth)
Estimable Member

Agree his height is an issue and can't see him playing much higher (possibly L2,) but seen most League 2 teams this year, and most keepers I have seen are better, as quite high standard in that league.

ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

It's grim up t'North.  He may have been converted to a softy southerner now, and if he's going steady with a local girl he may want to stay in this area.

Crawleysth reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@dorkingtyke 🤣

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)