17 Users
55 Reactions
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

And here it is, to be played on Sat 14 October: 

Horsham v Dorking Wanderers. 

A local derby! And surely a chance to put our FA hoodoo to bed???

This topic was modified 10 months ago by Baggy
This topic was modified 10 months ago by Dorking Eagle

SDDWFC and AdeB reacted
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@dorking-eagle when do we think the ticket news will be available?

...& the TV games confirmed? 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Henryp44
(@henryp44)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @dorkingtyke

Ticket allocation is tricky isn't it?  Of the 70 or so regular away fans about half travel using the heavily subsidised coach so it could be argued that priority goes to those who paid their own way.

Personally I think priorities should be:

Priority 1: Platinum Package and Premium Package owners.

Priority 2: Gold Card Season ticket holders

Priority 3: Season ticket holders

Don’t feel that would be fair personally. I’ve not missed a game yet this season been to mousehole up to Hartlepool and everywhere else in between. If we were to miss out on tickets because somebody can afford to invest more than we did I’d feel a bit gutted tbh. 

No idea how the club can do it but I sincerely hope the usual away fans are looked after first. It’s the fairest way imo. At a guess there would still be in excess of 200 tickets left once that 70/80 usual lot have their share.

BigFatBeanz, TomCalvert, AdeB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

In other related FA Cup news, I see Aldershot have just announced ticket prices for their 4th Q tie with Lewes - a very competitive £12 for adults and £2 under 17s.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

You and your family will be fine Henry, rest assured. News within 24hrs👍

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Raider
(@dorking-raider)
Eminent Member

I think it is safe to say this will be the page address for the Horsham home end tickets

https://horshamfc.ktckts.com/event/hor2324cup05/horsham-v-dorking-wanderers

Love and Peace

Raider

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

So, what we know:

Dorking are selling our own allocation themselves;

6pm tonight for Season ticket holders, Gold card holders and club investors via emailed link

1 ticket per purchase

and from the Horsham website:

- Separate turnstiles for Dorking fans

- Unsegregated once within the ground

- the limited number of seats in the ground are first come first served (arrive very early for those)

- Horsham end ticket purchases will be checked for postcodes (so think carefully about that...)

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Sounds to me like they are being flexible and there is no specific 'allocation'.

Bit of a strange hybrid plan - especially the bit about no segregation. Changing ends in a capacity crowd will be interesting. As would any last minute goals/controversy etc. Not the best idea imo. 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

My understanding is that the total 'allocation' that Dorking have to sell via our own website is 300. Hence the fairly strict qualification criteria and 1 per transaction.  Which could be a pain for anyone with multiple season tickets linked to one ticketing account as mine is (I asked Ollie to look into mine to see if he can tweak it to allow for multiple purchase). 

If I get in the ground early enough I will probably just choose a bit of perimeter rail that is not particularly at either end, but not in front of a stepped terrace, and then just stay put in that one spot for the whole game to be honest.

I suspect the no segregation inside the ground is mainly because they don't want to have to provide another set of toilets and separate catering.

This post was modified 10 months ago by Dorking Eagle

ReplyQuote
(@bigfatbeanz)

So as a non DW Season Ticket holder, club investor etc, basicly I've got no chance of getting my hands on one of the 300 tickets allocated to us...

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@bigfatbeanz

It's unlikely - but...you could try buying from the Horsham website - depends if your postcode is obviously a Dorking one?

Or, and I'm not encouraging this of course (!) - do you have any friends who live nearer Horsham than Dorking who have a more likely postcode?

If you go down that route you'll need to wait for the Horsham general sale timeslot but you'll have a good chance I'm sure - and as it's unsegregated in the ground - what does it matter!

ReplyQuote
Dorking Raider
(@dorking-raider)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @bigfatbeanz

So as a non DW Season Ticket holder, club investor etc, basicly I've got no chance of getting my hands on one of the 300 tickets allocated to us...

Set up [                edited             ] . Ultimately the tickets are sent to you via email.

Log in at 6pm Saturday (bit of a pain halfway through the Barnet game I know). Job done. Make sure [  edited  ]   once inside it is unsegregated so really don't know why it matters to Horsham FC or anyone else what your real address is.

This post was modified 10 months ago by Dorking Raider
This post was modified 10 months ago by Dorking Eagle

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Bracknell v Dagenham is the TV pick

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Good news is the ticket sale for Horsham FA Cup tickets went well, 190 sold. 

So tickets remain for the general sale later

Baggy and BigFatBeanz reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

I hope that everyone who wanted tickets got them. Those that were left in the Dorking allocation 'general sale' sold very quickly despite the daft on sale time halfway through the Barnet game.

If I'm being honest I think the 'allocation' was rather mean considering it is totally unsegregated within the stadium. At least that is something DW do well - fair and generous away allocations

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle I agree - 500 would have been much more reasonable. Also still don't get why the separate turnstiles for home and away - then totally unsegregated?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share: