Chesterfield (H) - Discussion + Predictions

36 Posts
12 Users
29 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Runaway leaders Chesterfield come to town this Saturday in front of the TNT Sports cameras. They need just a few more wins to guarantee promotion.

We will hope to bounceback with some sort of result to keep within arm's reach of safety. I don't expect too much difference in terms of player availability as Marc mentioned Briggs and Bowerman were still at least a week or so away. Muitt returned to the bench last weekend so we can probably expect him to see some action this time from him. Tony Craig misses the game through suspension.

Predictions:

Dorking 1-3 Chesterfield (J.Taylor)

2,789 att.

Possible Lineup:

Male

Francomb     Cook    Hollis    B.Taylor

McManus                 Pybus                   Blair

Carter        J.Taylor

Prior

Subs: Fuller, Gallagher, Moore, Muitt, Rutherford

I can see Marc going with a 4-5-1 of sorts for this one as I don't he will want a back 3 defending man for man against Chesterfield. I doubt Muitt starts but he may do instead of McManus if considered fit enough. I can see Cook coming in for Craig but also wouln't surprise me if Gallagher plays there instead.

AdeB reacted
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@happy-hammers Injured

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

Get well soon DG

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

An amazing performance and result.

Two things stand out for me - the fact that so many of us were thinking we need a defensive performance, to shore everything up, play like we sometimes do away from home and try and grab one on the break. So Marc plans the complete opposite and it works perfectly! Now talking about outscoring the opposition. Top man!

Loved the front line too - Really dangerous together - Alfie back to his best - and the other thing I was so pleased about was Matt Briggs - looked really sharp, quick and played so unselfishly too.

Happy days. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

If you just looked at the stats, you'd think it was a bit of a backs against the wall job for Dorking but it was far from it!

xG: Dorking 1.54 - 1.42 Chesterfield

Possession: Dorking 32% - 68% Chesterfield

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

Said I had a funny feeling about Chesterfield game, didn't expect to be laughing that hard! Up there with the playoff final and the Boxing Day 8-0 for me! Played exactly how we should be doing, hopefully we can keep it up for rest of season

EthanT and TomCalvert reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

By the way.....anyone notice the 'fan focus' in the programme...

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: