Boreham Wood (A) - Discussion + Predictions

30 Posts
10 Users
9 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

We look to bounceback after late heartbreak on Tuesday night with a trip to Boreham Wood this Saturday. The Wood are unbeaten in their last 5 matches but only have 1 win in that period and were involved in some crazy late drama of their own last night with a 4-4 draw against Eastleigh.

Marc said Briggs is still about 10 days away from a return while Luke Moore still has 2 games of his suspension left to serve and Fuller is still a few weeks away.

Predictions:

Boreham Wood 2-2 Dorking (Muitt, Prior)

1,063 att.

Male

Francomb           Craig           Hollis

Muitt             J. Taylor         Pybus             B. Taylor

Carter

Prior             Ottaway

Subs: Gallagher, McManus, Blair, Bowerman, Rutherford

(I think Bobby would be a good option as a LWB for this game as Boreham Wood have effective wingers and you need someone who will track back while still being dangerous going forward. Tuesday night was far too negative with the back four.)

This topic was modified 6 months ago by Baggy

Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

I'm going for a draw again but scoring goals is a big worry for me, 4th worst in the league.

Why did Blair come off on Tuesday, was he injured or knackered? He was always a threat before his injury.

Why isn't Rutherford starting as well?

Would of liked a striker on loan coming in until the end of the season.

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@happy-hammers Think Blair was just managing his minutes as that was only his second start since October.

I agree that Rutherford should probably be starting but I just don't think Marc wants to play players who aren't at full sharpness at the moment.

Yeah, I think a young, quick striker on loan from an EFL side would probably help.

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Just on  Football Web Pages and looked  at the predicted final table, not good viewing.

it's has Dorking Wanderers bottom of the table with only 38pts., that means only 7 more points!!! 

I don't know accurate they are. 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

We won't fall that low Gary, team will get more than that

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

This one will be interesting - think it'll be close;

Boreham Wood (1)2 Dorking (0)1 (J Taylor)

1,201 (141 Wanderers)

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Marc says tomorrow's team is going to be an 'exciting one' and the most 'Wanderers-like' for some time...Prior and Rutherford up front then? Muitt and Bowerman out wide?

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@adeb Yeah that would be my thought based on Marc's comments. I could see it being any of Bowerman, Blair or Bobby on that left side though.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

Posted by: @adeb

Marc says tomorrow's team is going to be an 'exciting one' and the most 'Wanderers-like' for some time...Prior and Rutherford up front then? Muitt and Bowerman out wide?

Worth a go, if we don't try it we won't know

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

It’s time to go for the 3 points. Playing safe didn’t work on Tuesday. Alfie up front with Prior with Muitt and Blair on the flanks for me. 
Looking forward to going to the Wood for first time tomorrow.  

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@baggy Yes it's a decent ground now I gather. Though I last went in the mid nineties - when I used to live in Watford.

Took a trip out to Boreham Wood v Yeovil in the Ryman Premier one night as I had nothing better to do. Different times...

Baggy reacted
ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

It's a very tidy ground now, three sides have matching stands/terraces - with same fascias etc which creates a smart uniform look, plus it has an excellent pitch too, thanks to doing a 10 year deal with Arsenal Women as tenants.

The chairman Danny Hunter is a true club man, his dad played for Wood several decades ago.

The site also has training pitches a lovely clubhouse (home fans only sadly) and a new fanzone (also home fans only) - they ask away fans to use the nearby High Street which has pubs including a Werherspoons which is fine.

Have a good look at the away seated stand whilst you are there, it is very narrow, yet very steep, each row of seats is a few steps higher than the one in front, and it is lined behind by a narrow row of trees to screen it. I believe a superb stand for watching from.

If Dorking could have facilities like this within a decade of being on the NL, then what a position to be in!

Weirdly, the locals haven't really grasped what has been transformed here, the crowds are usually very low despite bargain season ticket deals. Either the lure of Watford, Barnet, Arsenal, Wealdstone etc is too much, or maybe the brand of football is hard to enjoy? Shame as they deserve more support, a club punching against its historic weight.

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@epsomwanderer)
Eminent Member

Looking forward to todays trip, nice to have an easy one at the weekend! 

Hopefully a point 2-2 hopefully find a good pub near ground not overly keen on spoons brand!

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

The Wishing Well about halfway along the High Street next to Iceland is a good option if you want to get away from the crowds (most of us will be in the Spoons)

ReplyQuote
(@epsomwanderer)
Eminent Member

@dorking-eagle thanks all things going well train wise should be there about half one I'll have a look about but probably end up in the spoons!?!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: