Rochdale (H) - discussion and man of match poll

16 Posts
9 Users
7 Reactions
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

For all chat on the match v Rochdale on Saturday. 

First question: who is on the right wing, Blair or Briggs? 

I would suggest same again - Blair to start and Briggs to come on when they are tired, or we need a goal. 

Anyone know what sort of game Rochdale play? They seem to be doing ok so far this season. 

This topic was modified 10 months ago 2 times by Baggy

Topic Tags
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

I'd agree - start with Blair.

Not sure on Rochdale's formation - but apparently they'll be bringing around 200-250 away fans to Meadowbank, not too bad. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

Yeah, definitely start with Blair and then try and give Briggs 20-30 at the end again. Bigger issue is who plays in defence/midified if Tony Craig is injured. I would assume Gallagher fills in at the back and either McManus or Kuhl come in alongside Pybus?

In terms of Rochdale, you just have to stop Sinclair as he comfortably looks the best player in the league.

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

I would Start with a back 4 again.  I'm predicting a draw on Saturday.

Tony Blair starting not on the left!!!

SDDWFC and Dorking Eagle reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Tomorrow is a really good test of where we are as a team right now … I’m feeling positive though 🐔 ⚽️ 

Looking forward to a big Saturday at Meadowbank #3points🙏 

‘We’re the red and white army’ 🐔 ⚽️

ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Well, it is of course always gutting to lose to two late goals like that. But that was a decent performance and had Josh Taylor slammed that chance into the net rather than over the stand we would be singing the praises. 
Just as well their sub on the right wing came on so late because he looked like danger every time he got the ball. 
Overall the team coped pretty well without TC at the back and what a cracking and well deserved goal from Blair! 
Rochdale are avery decent team so good to go toe to toe with them and get so close to the win 😩

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

@baggy gutted 😞 🐔 

That Josh Taylor chance was a massive game change … and we really needed a second goal 

No more words, Marc’s post match comments are very good … time for a beer 🍺 I think 🤔 

ReplyQuote
SDDWFC
(@sddwfc)
Estimable Member

Voted for Dan G MOM .. deserved a point at least 😔 

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Bloody shame, but they do say the most 2 important part of the pitch is both 18yd boxes and that was so true today, and I'm afraid to say both involved Josh Taylor,  missing that golden chance and not picking up the scorer for the 2nd goal. 

I thought a point each would of been fair. I thought we really mixed it with them, they were big and strong, so that was good to see.

The sending off was unnecessary, Pybus could of justed defended him.

But can't complain to much, it's been a good few weeks. 

Dorking Eagle and SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
DorkingTyke
(@dorkingtyke)
Estimable Member

Despite Marc's post-match comments, still puzzled by decision to bring on Briggsy - just for more match playing time, and not replace Macca (MoM???)  with Kuhl to seal the win.

DWFCUTB reacted
ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

Really thought we were going to hold them off. A few chances to put the game to bed- Seager and Josh Taylor. That ball stolen by Macca and sent to Briggsy was really good. Briggsy doing Briggsy things, but the finish was disappointing. Seager had that chance right before half. He also had a really good volley that was on target. The back defended well without TC until those last nervy/painful 10-15 minutes of the match. I can see why Marc was so frustrated about the 2 subs within the first 15 minutes. Couldn't make real adjustments at the end. 

ReplyQuote
Miller09
(@miller09)
Trusted Member

Agree @DorkingTyke that sub was strange.  Kuhl had to come on there.  Seager cannot defend the wide areas. Not a fair ask of him. 

Tactic of going long all afternoon worked pretty well with Harry up there with Jason.  Maybe more of that to come? The back three and Pybus defended really well - mainly against balls from their main playmaker - the keeper! 

Let’s hope Marc can get a team out on Tuesday, with TC back in …

ReplyQuote
(@mackers71)

That was a bitter pill to swallow on Saturday, but you could see it coming, we just dropped deeper and deeper and invited them onto us. Didn't press them enough in the last 15 minutes and please don't let Ottoway anywhere near that first team again. The number of times he fell over, he is like Bambi on ice

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Prominent Member

The most worrying aspect is how we end up in a situation with Seager at LWB. He stood no chance against a fresh Uchegbulam. Briggs should have come on for Bowerman and Blair should have played the 90. Would have left a sub later for Kuhl or Philpot to come on.

On the plus side, Blair was a real highlight and Francomb/Gallagher both had good games. More minutes for Briggs as well at least.

Miller09 reacted
ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

@calvertskans My guess on the Seager over Briggs for Bowerman is trying to be slower with the return of Briggsy. I think he wasn't ready for as many minutes previous, got injured, and now a slower return to ensure he makes it through the entire season healthy. He is such a threat when he is 100% healthy- we keep getting glimpses of it.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: