22 Posts
8 Users
17 Reactions
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

5th time lucky!

After multiple postponements, we head to Altrincham against a side who are currently bottom of the form guide with 5 straight defeats. We will be looking to keep our 4th consecutive away clean sheet after doing that earlier in the season back in September.

Tony Craig returns from suspension and Marc also mentioned that Bowerman is available for selection once again. McShane and Gallagher remain sidelined and Tom Blair limped off on Saturday but hopefully that was just a precautionary sub.

Predictions:

Altrincham 2-1 Dorking (Francomb)

2,043 attd. (39 away)

Not going to bother predicting a line-up for this one as there are so many ways Marc could go for this one. Will he decide to go with the more secure line-ups that we saw against York and Kidderminster or will he go for a more attacking side after the successes at Boreham Wood and Chesterfield at the weekend?

Considering we have a couple of important games upcoming against teams around us such as Maidenhead and Southend, will Marc use this as an opportunity to rest a few? I do expect Tony Craig and George Francomb to come back in to the side so will he decide to rest Hollis? Could Pybus or Josh Taylor get a rest? Can Rutherford and Prior start after lots of minutes on Saturday?

Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)
Just a supporter. Moderator

I think there'll be more than 39 in the away end as there always seems to be a 'BoA' following up north (maybe more like 80 in total).

Think a point would be a good result what with the team travelling up on the day, would be delighted if we're not back in the bottom 4 by the end of the night (a win for Woking Kiddy or York would drop us back in if we get nothing, other permutations are available)

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

I'm going for away win.

Altrincham are on a shocking run and the lads must begin riding high after Saturday. But I would take a point. 

ReplyQuote
TomCalvert
(@calvertskans)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@dorking-eagle My thought was that the multiple postponements will have an impact on the following for this one, even for the northern based fans. Also, Oldham are at home at the same time and we usually get some of their fans visit when there isn't a clash. Weather still pretty cold as well.

I don't see there being much more than 50ish but would love to see up towards 100 like we had for York a few weeks ago.

I would 100% take a point but I can see Altrincham being galvanised in wanting to stop the rot, especially at home. Have a feeling that the pressure will be off us a bit for this one which might hurt us a bit.

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

All valid points, I just remember the game at Gateshead where three quarters of our away section were 'northern based' fans. It's a very wierd phenomenon. I just wish they wouldn't wear their Oldham shirts, hats etc, which I find a bit strange.

"Why would I leave to join a League Two club? We're going there anyway!" - Marc White

TomCalvert reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Yeah I'm not that mad about the northern based fan bit - think we've got such a great hardcore loyal away support (around 100, less for midweek trips like these) - and not sure we need it tbh, but they'll always be welcome.

And agree, if they do come, better not to wear other club colours.

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

Altrincham (1)4 Dorking (0)2 Rutherford, Briggs

1,998 (58 Dorking)

TomCalvert reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jacksonfairweather)
Estimable Member

Dorking to win it 2-0, Altrincham were beaten 3-1 at home by Maidenhead recently and have lost 5 on the bounce. Lets hope we can take advantage of a side low on confidence. 

SDDWFC reacted
ReplyQuote
Baggy
(@baggy)
Member Moderator

Consistency has been such a problem this season. Two back to back wins seems a bridge too far now, whatever Alty’s form has been.  Expect goals in this one : 3-2 defeat but would love a 0–0 ! 

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Trusted Member

If we were at home tonight I'd be mindful that this season we are where struggling teams have turned their form around. However we're away, and Saturday gave us many reasons to be positive. Given today's weather I'd not be surprised at another last minute cancellation

ReplyQuote
Gary Pascoe
(@happy-hammers)
Reputable Member

Defence are at it again. 

1st goal no marking. 

2nd goal Hollis skinned and no one picking up at the far post. 

EthanT reacted
ReplyQuote
RobH
 RobH
(@robh)
Estimable Member

@happy-hammers Yeah, we were caught with our pants down on that first goal. We had shots on goal, but  could not connect properly in either half. Huge missed opportunity to not get at least a point out of that one. Why can't we string at least two wins in a row together?

ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

No idea why that first was allowed. Ref hadn't even blown the whistle to take the free kick. I've seen attempts like that many times and not once has the ref allowed it. 

ReplyQuote
Dorking Eagle
(@dorking-eagle)

So bizarre the ref didn't just pull it back and allow us time to set up a wall, really unsporting to let it stand.

2nd goal sloppy

Then after their red card threw everything at it, at one point Harrison on the halfway line pushing attacks back forward!

Sad to see Briggs unable to contribute at the end

Insane numbers in the away end (187) - so many were northerners / Wrexham fans / locals / BoA followers - really odd hearing so many local accents and the vast majority not knowing any of the songs, albeit the figure looks good on social media. It was as if some people chose to watch the game as neutrals and chose our end because the turnstile was the first one they passed or they just fancied being in the end with loads of space!

AdeB reacted
ReplyQuote
AdeB
 AdeB
(@adeb)
Honorable Member

@dorking-eagle Said it before, not too keen on this northern/neutral following but agree looks good on social media.

Never seen a goal like that given before, crazy stuff and once again it feels like we're singled out a little bit.

Re Briggs - any news? He was great again last night so would be gutting if he's injured again.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: